"oh, and tell him to bring the death painting wombs".

nanako nodded as reina debated whether she should tie her hair up or not.

"definitely not", the woman muttered to herself as she calmly drew on her eyeliner, humming to herself meanwhile her bedroom door had busted open.

"REINA!! ARE YOU OKAY?! DID THOSE STUPID SORCERERS HURT YO—"

"not so loud, mahito. you're going to make me mess up my eyeliner", reina interrupted, making the curses just watch and stare, as the woman's focus was impeccable.

"okay, I'm done".

mahito immediately lumped onto the woman as reina patted his back.

"you guys arrived quickly".

"we heard that you were in dire need of us, empress", jōgo respectfully replied, trying to haul mahito off the woman.

"dire need? oh no, who informed you all incorrectly? I invited you over for a show", reina smiled, holding mahito's hand as she guided them towards the main room.

"let them in", reina commanded, to which as soon as the double doors opened, arrows and bullets had been shot, though none had hit the curses.

the entire zenin clan marched in with naobito leading them, to which a pleased grin was soon plastered on reina's face.

"now what do I owe the honors of meeting the zenin clan today?", reina calmly asked, as if they hadn't just tried to assassinate the curse.

"we're here to exorcise you, you vile woman!"

"watch how you speak to her, you stupid shaman!", jōgo defended, making reina chuckle as she waved her hand casually.

"now now, let's not get too ahead of ourselves", reina stated.

"you all must understand that I am the longest living curse of all times. though pity I am aging by the day...I believe that fighting's quite repetitive, and that there's a simpler way to get rid of me", the woman sighed, making naobito hum in suspicion.

"like many others, I thrive on the thrill of gambling", reina started, curving her lips upward.

"and recently, I've been having an itch to race", the woman continued, giving naobito an idea of where this was heading.

"you'd self destruct if you were to lose a race? sounds quite unbelievable", naobito commented.

"oh, but I would", reina rebutted.

"I have lived long enough to die on a moments whim, if desired. though if I were to die, I'd rather die pretty than be all bloodied up", reina explained.

naobito seemed to consider the curse's words, as it'd indeed save him the effort and human resources that will be utilized.

"what's the catch?", the old man questioned, to which that's exactly what reina had wanted to hear.

"we'll be racing cars late at night. I know just the place, and I'll send you the precise information three days from now, so that you can have time to back out if you so desire.

three laps around the racetrack, and if I win, zenin naoya will be my property. if you win, I will cease to exist so that you all won't even have to waste time to seal me", reina offered.

"naoya? wha—"

"don't question my desired reward. I'm giving you three days, and if you don't respond within the allotted time, I will personally end the entire zenin clan", reina threatened, making naobito tense up momentarily before he had scoffed.

"fine. you've got yourself a deal", naobito agreed, to which reina had clapped.

"perfect! your men and my curses have witnessed our agreement today. I will alert you of a date and time, now leave".

without another second, naobito had swiftly turned around, marching out with his men, who just sighed in relief, as they were able to live another day.

"empress, are you sure that—"

"jōgo, are you doubting my abilities?", reina interrupted, to which the volcanic curse had immediately kneeled down and smacked his forehead against the ground.

"I-I wouldn't dare, empress".

reina lightly laughed.

"get up, you and the rest are dismissed. except you three", reina demanded.

the three death paintings all dipped their heads, not daring to look up at the intimidating woman.

"what are your names?", reina asked, seeing as the first two at least resembled like humans, meanwhile the third and youngest one was depicted as a turquoise curse with two mouths, blood dripping from its eyes and such.

"choso", the first one replied.

"eso, and he's kechizu", the second one — with black hair and slightly tanned skin — answered.

reina studied the three for a moment before she had finally stood up from her throne, threading her arms into her loose sleeves, as she gave them a quick smile.

"I've avenged your mother, so you three may live as you please".