Chapter Seventeen

FIONA’S POV

“Remember when we first met and Brendon made me ask you out for him?” Spencer laughs.

“I do. What a wimp.” I smile and look over at Brendon.

“Hey, I was nervous. I never met anyone like you. I had so much to lose.” He tells me.

“Get a room.” Ryan jokes.

“We did but you guys came in here.” Brendon retorts.

“Hey play nice, kids.” I tell them.

“Excuse me, Ms. O’Brien?” A nurse asks as she enters the room.

“Yes?”

“Visiting hours are up. We’re starting a new treatment for your condition today.” She tells me.

“What’s going to happen?” Brendon asks her.

“We’re starting Laser Therapy. It will kill the cancer cells you have, but there’s a chance that you’re in too deep for anything to come out of this. But we will try our very best.” She tells us.

I take a deep breath. It’s not going to work, I know that already.

**

BRENDON’S POV

I’m sitting in the waiting room with Fiona’s mother and my friends. This has been the most difficult time of my entire life.

“Brendon, can I talk to you?” Fiona’s mother, Carol Anne, asks me.

“Yes, ma’am.” I go up and follow her into a more private part of the room.

“Fiona has to make it.” She tells me.

“I hope so.” I respond to her.

“And when she does come home, you need to stay away from her.” She looks at me in the eyes to know she’s serious.

“Why would I do that?”

“She needs to focus on getting healthy. Now I know that you two think you’re in love, but I was talking to Ryan. He said that Pete Wentz signed you guys?”

“What?” I ask, not aware of this.

“Maybe he didn’t tell you yet. However, if you’re gonna be focusing on your music, you can’t be one foot in. You either have to love her and be with her, or give up on your career. I know you can’t do both. And you won’t stop your music, so leave her alone. Understand?”

“I understand. But what are you going to tell her? I don’t want to sound like the bad guy.” I ask with disappointment laced in my voice.

“I’m going to tell her the truth. She deserves that for once.”

Ouch. Goddamn her mom is strict.

I nod my head and walk back to the guys and tell them what’s going on.

“That might be best.” Spencer agrees.

“Should we go now?” Ryan asks in the silence.

“I guess so. Mrs. O’Brien, let us know when she’s okay. We’ll leave her alone from now on.” I say, dropping the last tears of the day.

“I will. Thanks for understanding.” She whispers, not looking at us.

So I guess this is the end of our story. I thought I would end up marrying Fiona, or maybe even dying with her on our rocking chairs when we’re 90. I promised her that one day. I also promised her that everything would be okay. Little did I know that nothing would be okay.

<><><><><><><><><>

Fear not, this isn't the end. Thanks for reading ~Kira