Chapter Ten

Click the star!
Sorry for any mistakes!

Continued...

"Cmon get out." He told her

Mai rolled her eyes and grabbed her bag and got put the car.

They walked up to the desk and an older lady looked up at Mikah and Mai and smiled then turned to the boy "hey baby, you can go on" she nodded.

Mikah walked ahead of Mai at a fast pace.

"slow down please." She jogged to catch up to him.

He slowed down and Mai pulled of his arm making him stop.

"Why are we here ? Is there something wrong with granny ? Where is Jamal ? Your mom? Just please tell me....please.." she was begging at this point.

Everyone was avoiding her and her questions and she was fed up.

"I can't do that aight ? I promise that you gon know what's up soon okay ?" He looked at her.

He wanted to tell her but it just wasn't his place todo so, he was just scared for her reaction.

"Wh-" she took a deep breath. "Go on man, lead the fuckin way." She told him

He looked at her "im sorry foreal okay ?"

She nodded "yeah okay, go head"

He turned back around grabbing her hand and pulling her into the elevator.

He clicked the number 4, when Mai went to pull away Mikah simply would not let her, she sighed at let it be, he probably needed some kind of comfort and didn't mind being the one to give it to him.

When the doors opened he pulled her along past the front desk of that department and down the hall, he took a left then stopped at the fourth door.

She was staring at the door when it opened and Darline came out of it.

Then it clicked in her brain, she looked around and everybody was there..Jamal, Mikah, Leanna, Kameron, Ezikiel, Jamari and Darline, but Gina was missing and she knew that she took the month off, so there she was standing in the middle of hallway, putting two and two together.

She then let go of Mikah's hand causing his frown to deepen, and looked at Jamal.

"No." She shook her head.

"Mai..." he tried to step forward to hug her but she held her hand up.

"You lied..." she scoffed at him then turned back to Mikah.

"And you knew, you sat there and looked me in my damn eyes, you talked to me like it was a regular day." His face fell even more if it could.

She looked at Leanna "yo mama ain need no help huh ? Just a day where we lyin to Mai ?"

"You knew..." she looked at Darline.

"Baby-" but Mai had enough.

"Nah nah nah, all of yall knew...everybody KNEW, I WAS THE ONLY ONE" she pointed to herself.

"WHAT IF...JUST WHAT IF SOMETHING HAD HAPPENED AND I WASN'T THERE...I WOULDN'T.." she choked out shaking her head and wiped the tears and walked off.

"MAI.." she heard Kammy run after her, so she picked up pace.

She ran and ran until she reached the stair well and ran down the stairs and ended up outside.

She sat on the bench just staring out into space until she finally broke down. She was mad, maybe she shouldn't have reacted that way towards the rest but everyone in that hallway knew except for her, something could have happened, she could have passed and she wouldn't have gotten to say goodbye. She should have known.