Chapter Eight

Click the star!
Sorry for any mistakes

Two days later

Pov: Mikah Wrighte
(Cannot remember if i gave them last names...so there we have it.)

It was around 12:30, 1:00 o'clock in the afternoon and Mikah sat on this floor drawing out a sketch. He didn't know what he wanted it to be yet, so at this point he was just putting the random lines on the page and erasing them and hopefully in the end, it would come together.

His phone went off and it was an instagram notification, he and sighed and went to his art page and clicked the username "janelleee".
He laughed thinking about the tik toks.

"Is it bussin janelle" he laughed to himself before carrying on to talk to the lady.

janelleee

Hi, i saw your work, i was wondering if you did commissioned pieces ?

Hi, yes please i do.

Okay great, it's not personally for me, it's for my friend. Her birthday is next month, do you ship out of state.

Yes ma'am.

amazing, can i get it on a medium canvas, when i researched it, the size i saw was 20x16 inch yeah ?

Yep, that's right, is there a picture for reference or do you just want a freestyle within a theme ?

I have a picture for reference, can i e-mail it through the one in your bio ?

Yeah, that can work, the price range is around $90-$120, just to let you know.

That's perfectly fine thank you for your cooperation, have a good day.

Thank you, same to you.

****

After exiting the app he decided to play some music. Gina was sleeping in the next room, so he had in on a low volume setting, he sighed thinking about his mother.

She was absolutely stubborn, she was getting older and there was a possibility that her heart was getting weaker due to her old age and family history. Mikah, Jamal, Darline even Leanna and the boys tried to tell her to take some time off since she was so hell bent on not retiring. She just refused.

It was getting worse. Everybody knew that except for Mai, they knew eventually that she was going to have to find out but if they could keep the fact that Gina was sick and she was getting worse from Mai to keep her happy, they would do that.

The girl had been through a lot.

When she reached the age of 12 the fact that both of her parents were gone really hit her. She would remember the smallest things about them and what they did together as a family, she went into a state of depression. Of course she was thankful for the people she had around her but she missed her parents. She still does but she learned to live with it. She told herself that she would live for them, and do her best for them.

For him.

It wasn't only her parents that she lost in the fire. Her mother was five months pregnant at the time, with a baby boy to be named Joshua. As a five year old she was absolutely excited to be a big sister, she would talk him, tell him about her day, even sing to him to the best of her five year old ability, when they passed it took a huge tole on her.