|| Episode 2 ||

"Shit.."

A boy looked down in his wallet, desperate to find any more money he could offer. He cursed underneath, looking over to the cashier and sharing the same anxious look.

Arisu bit his lip and slightly groaned in dismay. He has to let go of his biscuits for now. He's been craving for it when there's none in his house.

"I'll just come back with the money."

He wanted to leave it there on the counter for the cashier to place it back on the shelf, but the exact amount of money he'd hoped to find, came in.

"I'll pay for it" A sweet voice echoed through him.

Arisu turned around, wanting to see the person behind him. She, a short girl with long black hair tied up in a ponytail, with bangs to cover her forehead like a doll, is the most beautiful human being he had ever seen and Arisu hasn't seen any such except the ones in his games or anime.

When Arisu didn't believe much in God, he surely can believe in the existence of angels. The girl, now in front of him, looks as sweet as her voice.

He felt embarrassed, however, not just in her presence but in how she gave her money, something she could've saved or worked so hard for.

"Don't worry," She patted his shoulder and smiled at him like he wasn't the scum of the Earth that he'd be repeating in the back of his mind.

She really did answer his own prayers.

"You don't have to repay me." Arisu smiled back and thanked her kindness. Usually, people really don't care, in exception to his friends and ironically his family, but she, a stranger, did.

The girl turned back to him with her pretty eyes, a twinkle is evident within and an aura of sunrise made him worthy of her at least. The pack of biscuits, he had wanted, was brought up to his chest as they both consciously walked over to the other side, making a path for the waiting customers.

"It's no worry, I used to buy them back at home. I never liked them, but it's for my brother." She smiled in delight and walked outside.

Through her faint footsteps, judging by the flats she's wearing, they felt loud for him to be brought back from the fantasy in her being.

He dashed forward, hoping to catch another glimpse of the beautiful stranger.

There she is, sitting on the chair parked outside the store and right beside him.

Arisu smiled fondly and pointed at the empty chair in front of her, and she nodded in acceptance of his invitation to their friendship. "What's your name?" He dared to ask, and she answered it with pride. He shared his and the two continued their chat.

It was rather a usual thing, but for Arisu, it meant something. He had never befriended anyone else, always sticking to Karube and Chota for years now. He wanted to know her number though, but in his mind, he doesn't want to.

On the outside, he gives her the best smile he could portray, but on the inside, there's a sad ache in his gut that won't stop there until she's gone from his view.

If this continues, he'll disappoint her. She'll see how much of an unemployed, uneducated bum he is. She's a medical university student, and he's a dropout. Furthermore, she speaks of a life where she can treat patients fair and good, and he's wasting his life on games.

He hates to admit it, but this may only be a once in a lifetime. Arisu can only think, 'If only a better me can meet her.'

And when their conversation ends, he can still hope that he sees her again. Even from a far away perspective.