|| Episode 1 ||

FACE REGISTRATION IN PROCESS

PLEASE WAIT FOR THE GAME TO COMMENCE

This is just another game for him.

Chishiya picks up his hood and leans on the wall to his side, waiting exactly as what the voice of his phone had said. He's only been in the Borderlands for a few days and despite the little amusement in him for partaking in such games, he has one goal in mind and that is to get out. It may be a common factor, shared with the many unlucky fools in this world but it's he who only actively tries to reach towards it.

Chishiya takes in his surroundings where the players are in separate spots, some are even huddled together and so he sighs, turning up the volume of his music. Being a lone player, unfit for companionship, does work wonders for him. If he were in need of one, they'd be substitutable. He could hear more footsteps, and Chishiya moved his head back to its original position. He looks down, reminded to just follow the day as usual when the registration of today's game was closed down.

He feels a slight movement, passing him by and faintly touching him by the hood of his jacket, and on the corner of his eyes, he sees a dishevelled pair, close enough to be friends, interacting with her. A girl stood 156 centimetres beside the wide-eyed boy with his hand on her bare shoulder, jet black hair reaching to her collarbones and red lips adorning her features as she conversed with the rather tall blonde man. Chishiya notes a certain point of direction towards touching the tip of his hoodie when she could've turned to an easier path.

Huh, he thought. Could she have been wanting his attention?

Silence has never been so blissful as the word game can take the whole noise out and his focus returns. It is insignificant to think of an earlier observation as a big deal.

Chishiya had taken the first action under the grim circumstances of a game as he entered the elevator, out of the corner of his eyes, the girl was already standing there and the 7th button was already pushed.

Chishiya removes his earphones and takes a spot far from the girl. She's quiet. Too quiet. The more he takes short glances at her, the more he takes in her features.

She is what the Beach would call.. Niragi's loud girlfriend.

The doors opened and both of them walked out. Chishiya, with his hands in his pockets, can feel that she's following him. "If you can choose your starting positions.." he quickly found a spot on the left end of the hallway and rested on the ledge.

"It's the perfect position!" Her voice overtook the silence and his own words.

Chishiya looked at her for a slight moment when the gossip of her running mouth proved to be true before turning his gaze back to the people waltzing around the lower floors.

"Smart.." He dryly complimented her rather obvious statement.

"Smartest but oh well.."

Chishiya scoffed at her overconfidence and rested his cheek on his right hand.

She must be mistaken. She may cling onto him for her to make it out alive but in the next game? He guarantees that she'll never make it.

Even with Niragi's protection, he'll leave her like a pig for slaughter.

Chishiya can say that he almost pity her. Almost.

His attention to her was caught by two other members of the Beach who just happened to be on the same floor as them. Chishiya smirked and waved his hand at them, which they ignored and went their own way.

"That's nasty."

His day can never go silent again as the girl beside him lets out a laugh. He slightly grimaced at her and rolled his eyes.