"So I finally made it." JJ smirks as he puts on his shirt. "After all the trying."

JJ Maybank would sleep with any girl on the island if he felt like it. Well, I'm not sure if he already did. But he had always tried with me but it never worked out, until now.

"fuck, my brother's coming." I mumble when I hear someone on the porch.

"Don't worry, I'm already gone." says the blond boy who is about to climb out of the window.

—————-

"Don't spill that beer. I'm not giving you another one" JJ looks up at John B and takes a sip of his beer.

"Woah" John B says as his beer falls straight down to the floor. "Oh shit" groans John b

"Of course you did"

"A-plus" says Pope

"Hey JJ did you hear that?" I ask as I hear the cops pull into the driveway.

"Hey, uh, security's here" says Pope

"Relax Mia, come on." JJ reaches out his hand to me.

Each of the Pogues has his own nickname for me. John b just calls me Emmi, he always has. Pope and Kie always say Em, and JJ calls me Mia, or well sometimes some flirty names.

I am the kind of girl, that is a real control freak. Not like in a bad way, I just hate it when someone, I love, gets in trouble. That's why I get nervous when the crew gets in trouble. And JJ is the one, always trying to calm me down.

"boys are early today" says john b

"Humpty Dumpty, let's roll" JJ jumps down from the roof and helps me get down.

"Let's go boys" Kiara smiles

"Gary, is that you? It's me. Gary good to see you man" JJ calls down to the cop as an angry "JJ!" is heard from the cop.

"Yeah you're just asking for it" Kiara says and we run off.

"Hey! Stop!" shouts a cop as he holds JJ by the shirt. "I got him, I got him"

"Not much of a hugger man" JJ has gotten loose in less than a second and keeps running.

"Go Pope! Go! Go, go, go, go, go" Pope climbs over the fence and JJ runs after him.

When I try to get over the fence... "JJ I-"

JJ laughs "Hey shorty, can I help you out?" and helps me up the fence.

"Just shut up, JJ"

"Come here you little pricks!" the cop calls after us.

"Bus is leaving" John b calls out.

"Come on, boys! Whoo!"

We get on the bus and drive off. We all look back at the cop, running after us.

"Check out Gary gunnin' for a raise" laughs Pope.

"Come on Gary!" shouts JJ. He faces John b "Wait slow down, slow down, slow down"

"You're gonna give him a heart attack" says Kiara and I nod at her.

"You're so close! You can do it. There you go" says JJ and throws a beer can at Gary.

"JJ, come on over here" I say and pull the blonde boy into the bus.

"They don't pay you enough bro" he adds.

"JJ, stop" I continue

"Oh come on that sort of initiative is just begging to be punished" he laughs.

"You'll kill him someday, JJ"

"Oh come on, Mia. Don't be so serious all the time"

 Don't be so serious all the time"

——————————

„Yo JJ, you been outside?" asks John b to JJ who is lying on the sofa. It's in the morning.

"I have polio bro, I can't walk" JJ mumbles.

JJ sleeps pretty much every night at the chateau. John b and I are used to it by now, and I probably like it more than I want to admit.
I know what JJ must go through at home, after all we have known each other for a while. So I don't question it anymore, when he sleeps over.

We didn't tell John b anything about what happened a few months ago, because things got a little out of hand then, and nothing was the way I thought it would be. And besides, everyone knows that I, John b's sister, am off limits to his friends.

Still, in the meantime, JJ keeps hitting on me. He knows it drives me crazy, and that's exactly what he likes about it.

„mornin' gorgeous" he mumbles to me while giving me a smirk. I just roll my eyes at the blonde, ignoring that this gave me a slight tingle.
He passes me, while I'm still in the kitchen, and stands on the porch.

"Agatha did some work huh?" JJ leans against a post on the stairs and drinks his beer.

"Yeah, she did" sighs John b

"JJ, what's wrong with you?" I say as I come out and knock the beer out of JJ's hand.

"Wha-"

"It's 10am and you're drinking beer" I roll my eyes.

"yeah you owe me one now" a smirk forms on Jj's face. "I can think of something" he winks at me.

I smile and shake my head in response. I can't quite take my eyes off JJ's shirtless body. His defined muscles, his smirk.... A small glance moves from me over JJ's body up to his face as I notice... that he's already looking at me.
A smirk crosses JJ's lips and he raises his eyebrows at the me.

That is what I call embarrasing.

"What you thinkin'?" asks JJ, who now moves closer to John b.

"I'm thinkin' that storm surge pushed all the crabs out on the marsh maze" John b throws away some branches and leaves to 'clean up' a bit
"All those drum are gonna chase the crab"

"What about the DCS? Wasn't that today?" asks JJ, propping himself up with his hands.

"Oh don't remind me" I groan.

"nah they're not gettin' on a ferry" John b turns around "Come on think about it" he points up with his hand "It's god tellin' us to fish"