✮ 𝟎𝟑𝟖 ✮

Start from the beginning

Drax let out the largest belly laugh that had Marlene jumping in fright. "I have famously huge turds!" he shouted.

"We're about to die, and this is what we're discussing?" Gamora asked.

Marlene glared at the two idiots flying before placing Groot on Gamora's shoulders. Turning, she walked downstairs to see Nebula tied to a pole.

Drax followed Marlene down to the bottom of the ship just as some of the asteroids began to hit it.

"Idiots!" Nebula screamed.

Marlene held onto the wall as the ship twisted and turned with the buffoons flying. "Should've stayed with Thor," she whispered. "Should've stayed with Thor."

"We still have a Sovereign craft behind us," Gamora said.

"Our weapons are down," Peter yelled.

"20 clicks to the jump! Hold on."

Marlene pressed the button to have the mask cover her face. She saw a rope, so she tied it around her body and walked into the room where the door shut behind her. It opened in front of her to show the Sovereign ship.

Marlene let the rope hold her back as she hovered in the air of space. Her entire body shone blue as she sent energy blasts at the ship following through the asteroid belt. She grinned when she managed to destroy it.

"You need to get back in," Drax yelled as he came out of the ship as well covered in something to keep him from dying. "Your small, puny body will not survive the landing no matter how powerful you are said to be!"

Soon, they made it out of the asteroid belt only to see more Sovereign ships.

"Son of a bitch," she muttered. Before she could even think of sending a blast, another large white ship with a man standing on top of it destroyed the entire fleet of ships as if it was nothing. "Should've stayed with Thor," she muttered again.

Drax noticed they had reached the jump point, so he grabbed Marlene by the waist and held her to his chest as she felt her breath sucked from her lungs at the abrupt speed the ship went. When they flew through the sky and through the jump point, Marlene placed a shield around Drax and herself as the ship crash landed on the planet below them.

Groaning as she and Drax butted heads once they landed, she felt the shield disappear. Drax began laughing before shouting, "That was awesome! Yes!"

"Marlene!" Peter shouted, jumping from the broken ship to the pair. He helped Marlene stand and pressed the button to reveal her face. "You all right?"

"Fine. Not the worse thing I've been through," Marlene said with a laugh before glancing at Drax. "Thanks for that."

"You are welcome," he responded with a smile.

"Look at this! Where is the other half of our ship?" Gamora yelled as the other Guardians left the horribly broken Milano ship.

"My ship," Peter corrected as he walked toward her.

"Either one of you could have gotten us through that field... had you flown with what's between your ears instead of what's between your legs!" she screamed.

"If what's between my legs had a hand on it... I guarantee I could have landed this ship with it," Peter said.

"Peter," Marlene warned. "We almost died because of your arrogance."

Peter's eyes widened. "More like because he stole the Anulax batteries!" he exclaimed, pointing at Rocket.

"They're called Harbulary batteries," Drax corrected.

"No, they're not!" Peter yelled.

"Do you know why I did it, Star-Munch? Hmm?" Rocket asked as he walked closer to Peter, anger in his eyes.

Peter walked away. "I'm not gonna answer to Star-Munch."

"I did it because I wanted to!"

"Dick."

"What are we even talking about this for? We just had a little man save us by blowing up fifty ships!" Rocket said instead.

"Okay, I agree with Rocket. Is he an ally? Who was he?" Marlene said with a questioning look.

Drax shook his head. "No. The real question is how little was this man?"

Rocket held his thumb and forefinger close together. "Well, I don't know, like this?"

Gamora narrowed her eyes. "A little one-inch man saved us?"

"Well, if he got closer, I'm sure he would be much larger," Rocket explained.

"It's how eyesight works, you stupid raccoon," Peter said with a scoff.

"Don't call me a racoon!"

Peter nodded with fake sympathy. "I'm sorry. I took it too far. I meant trash panda."

Rocket looked at the others in confusion. "Is that better?"

"I don't know," Drax responded.

Peter snickered as he nudged Marlene. "It's worse. It's so much worse." She pushed his arm away with a scowl.

"You son of a—" Rocket began as he tried to hurt Peter.

"Hey!" Marlene yelled as she pushed them apart. "Are you always like this!?"

"I've had it with you!" Rocket yelled to Peter.

"No! Back up!" Peter scowled.

Nebula eyed the group as a she saw a ship fly through the sky, about to land. "Someone followed you through the jump point. Set me free, you'll need my help."

Gamora rolled her eyes. "I'm not a fool, Nebula."

"You are a fool if you deprive yourself a hand in combat," Nebula said.

"I think I'll take care of it if they need help," Marlene said while narrowing her eyes as the once devout woman of Thanos—the person Gamora said was behind the alien attack on Earth.

Gamora nodded. "And anyway," she paused. "You'll attack me the moment I let you go."

"No, I won't," Nebula lied.

"You'd think an evil supervillain would learn how to properly lie," Peter said with a chuckle as they noticed the ship getting closer.

"I bet it's the one-inch man," Drax said softly, awe leaking through his voice.