Lexy put her hand on his knee. "We have tonight. Your room?" Clark nodded.

"Martha and I will be in Metropolis on the 25th, with Larry. Cat is giving Lucy a bridal shower on the 27th, and she and I are invited."

"Would you stay in my apartment when you come? Till you leave for home?"

"I'd like that. I'm going to miss you, Clark, more than I can say. I want things to go well for you, and I really hope you find someone you can share your life with."

I found her, but can't tell her. We can't be together, so there's no use making it harder. "I'll always remember you, Lexy. We'll have a few days in Metropolis and a big night at the wedding."

*

About twenty women attended the bridal shower at Cat's penthouse, including Lucy's mother, Estelle, her sister Lois, Martha and Lexy. Lexy marveled at the luxurious condo, and the beautiful views of Metropolis. From the living room she recognized the Daily Planet building and the STAR Labs compound and the imposing LexCorp building.

Lucy unwrapped many luxurious gifts before a catered dinner was served. Lexy felt a little out of her league in this company, but Cat saw that the party was relaxed and comfortable, and Lucy was warm and friendly. After dinner, the women mingled and talked. Lexy was checking the view over the park when Lois came over to her.

"Hello, Lexy. We talked at Perry's cocktail party." She offered her hand and Lexy shook it. Lois was stunningly beautiful, and radiated presence and charisma. Lexy understood why she made a good TV anchor and attracted so many men.

"That's right, Ms. Lane."

"Call me Lois, please."

Lexy smiled, nervous with the brilliant Lois, trying to examine Clark's erstwhile two-faced love. She understood why he fell in love with her,  "I'm Lexy."

"Lucky Cat got the interview with you tomorrow. I really wanted that." She made it sound as though the interview was hers and Lexy had cheated her of it. Lexy couldn't tell if the look on her face was rueful or jealous. She'd heard gossip that Lois was jealous of Cat's success and former relationship with Jerry.

"That offer was first and seemed the simplest. I've seen your show. It's marvelous. No wonder you've won so many prizes."

"Thank you, but they're awards, not prizes, like ribbons in a state fair. " Lois was watching her carefully. "Martha tells me you and Clark are dating. He's a good man. Salt of the Earth."

Lexy's lips twitched. Salt of Krypton, if you only knew. "Yes, we're dating, but I'm..." she paused, not mentioning her pending return to Earth, as Barry had told her not to talk about it. "I'm not yet sure what I'll do."

"Clark is always so predictable," Lois said. "Always does the things he ought. Of course, that's his upbringing, and he's a good man, but I want somebody unique. Who can surprise and thrill and surprise me. I found him in Jerry."

Insulting, insufferable woman. Clark doesn't know how lucky he is you dropped him for Jerry. "Lucky you."

Lois chuckled. "Lucky Jerry. I've got to find Mom. Nice meeting you."

She turned and walked off as Lexy said to her back, "Nice to meet you."

*

Clark dropped Lexy off at the Galaxy studios at six the next morning, on time for her interview with Cat. They kissed goodbye, and she went inside. An intern escorted her to a green room. Cat poked her head into say hello. Soon the intern escorted her to makeup, to talk with producers, and to wait till she was called to the interview.