Chapter Nine - Relapse 2.0: Recovery

-3rd Person-

Dan gave Rose a bowl of bolognese pasta and a glass of water. Rose started eating

"Humm, thank you." there was a knock on the door and in entered Blair Waldorf.

"Rose, there you...what's going on here?" she questioned. Vanessa and Dan looked at each other then back at Blair.

"Come over here." Dn says leaving Vanessa with Rose. Blair and Dan side barred "Rose is a little....high."

"What? She..."

"Yes she did and before you asked why let's just skip to the point where you slap me for being an idiot." She glared at him but slapped him anyway.

"Okay, now this the part where I say Chuck can't know and you agree because you care for Rose." Dan continued

"Why should I do what you say?" Blair folded her arms scowling at the boy in front of her.

"Because when she sobers up, that's what she's gonna ask you. I'm gonna fix this just let me." Blair thought about it.

"Fine."

"Good, Now why are you here?" Dan asks her and she shakes her head

"It doesn't matter, I have things to do. I will be back to check up on her, don't screw up." she pointed at him then went over to Rose.

"I'll be back Rosie." she hugged her

"Okay, sweetie." Rose beamed and continued eating. Dan took Rose over to the ouch and put in the Mulan Dvd

"if you've got this, I have a few things I need to sort out." Vanessa gestured to the door.

"Okay. Thank you." He nodded to her

"Don't you love me anymore?" Rose asked in a small voice as she hugged her legs. Moon came out and jumped up next to his owner.

"Of course I love you. Rosie, look at me." he turned Rose to face him "I don't know what happened that night. I just assumed, I could have been playing strip poker or something." he tucked a stray lock of her hair behind her ear.

"When the thought of what happened hit me, the first thing I wanted to do was tell you. Because if it was true, you should here it from me. I know how you hate finding out particular stuff later when you think you should be one of the first to know. I told you because I love you that I don't want this to be a secret that could brake us apart." Rose did something un expected, she hugged him.

"Thank you for being honest with me. I'm sorry I went overboard."

"I shouldn't have left you alone, no matter how much you insisted. I hope that when you're feeling yourself again, we can try to work through this." she pulled away and nodded. Rose cuddled up to him and fell asleep.

Later on Vanessa returned. Dan was reading while a Rose was sleeping with her head on his lap.

"Is she okay?" she asked

"Yeah, she fell asleep a few hours ago. How about you?" Dan whispered.

"Scott has being lying to me, he doesn't even going to NYU. Look, there's something..." Rose began to wake up she sat up and rubbed her eyes

"God, I'm so stupid." she huffed then noticed Vanessa "Hey V."

"Hey, you feeling better?"

"Well I'm not buzzed anymore. I need the bathroom." she got up and left the two. Vanessa looked away

"I'm gonna leave you too it."

"V."

"No, she needs you right now. I'll see you later." Vanessa gave him a small wave and left the two alone once more.

"Are you going to the Sotherby's thing, Dad wants everyone there. I'm gonna text him in a minute telling him I can't go. But you should."

"Uh, sure. Bye." she left and Rose came back out

-Rose-

"What did I miss while I was wallowing? How's V and uh...." I clicked my fingers trying to remember the name.

"Scott, apparently Scott has been lying to her but she clammed up before I could know anything else." Dan told her.

"Well." I grabbed my laptop and sat down "Let's do our own research." I opened up and logged on

"You just relapsed again and you want to do research?"

"Yes, now tell me as much as you can." he sighed and did so. I typed it in

"Is there anything else he told you?"

"I don't know. He said he played soccer in high school. Claimed he was MVP." I added that to my search

"Name or mascot?" I questioned

"uh yeah. Lions. Wow I don't know how I remembered that?" I typed that in and pressed search. I found a picture

"Voila. At least he was honest about sports. Typical. His last name's not Adler it's Rosson. Does that mean anything to you?" I wondered looking between Dan and the laptop.

"Rosson? Give me five minutes." he left and then he came back

"Scott Rosson, he wrote me that fan letter after he read my story." he dropped the envelope and i picked it up

"Wow, stalker, much. All very rockstar." he took out his phone as I looked over the papers again.

"Hey Vanessa. Look Scott is not who he says he is. And i don't know he could be dangerous. Please call me." he left a voicemail.

"So now what?"

"Well she's going to the auction. But I will keep on trying her." he sighed going to call her again or text, same kind of thing.

"Southby's auction? huh I was planning on buying an Item. I'll go get dressed." I stood up

"No, absolutely not. You're still recovering from a relapse and if Blair finds out I'm dead." he tells me

"It's a couple of hours with you attached to my side. Beside I didn't do anything hardcore and I didn't end up in hospital. You and Vanessa sobered me up." I reasoned placing a hand on my hip.

"Move in with me." he says

"What?" I scoff

"Look, separate room if you want but you shouldn't be alone, not while you're recovering. Again." he suggested

"So you're only asking me to move in because am an addict who relapsed. Nice." I roll my eyes and fold my arms in annoyance.

"Well I was thinking about it for next year any way. Not this year because well that seemed too soon but two years into a relationship at our age, seems plausible."

"Dan, you just told me you thought you might have slept with someone else, why on earth would I move in with you right now."

"Because your Rose Bass." he shouted "Your Rose Bass who makes mistakes and walks it off as if you just scraped your knee. You're the woman who has been through hell kicked the devil in it's jewels and told him to do one. You're not normal and despite the fact of what I said and what has happened with you this past week, you will brush of this very serious thing and go on as if nothing happened all the while thinking you relapsed on both drink and drugs and swear that this will be the last time which I hope it is because seeing you in that state is soul crushing.

The normal rules the normal average anything, has never applied to you despite the fact that it should."

"Just so you know. I am aware of what I did and addicts fall of the wagon all the time, and some pick them self back up most do it until it sticks. Which is what I will do. I'm going to get dressed."