☞She's my girlfriend

The morning in the ED starts early for you doctors. At almost 6 in the morning you're standing in the doctor's lounge all bundled up, trying hard to take off your warm clothes that protected you from the cold Chicago weather.

"Good morning Y/N," You recognize the cheery voice. Your favorite ginger on the world. Will Halstead. Apart from him being your favorite ginger he's also the big brother of a man who you've been seeing lately.

Will actually introduced you to his younger brother Jay, a few months ago when the two of you had a difficult case. It didn't end positively and that's why both of you decided to drink away your pain at Molly's. Bring Jay the alcohol expert to the mix and you had a night full of drunken memories.

Your relationship with Jay skyrocketed since then. At first it wasn't anything serious but as of right now - both of you developed some kind of feelings for each other. Stronger feelings.

"Hey, Will. How are you so energetic?" You smile tiredly at him and hang your coat on the clothes rack. You can barely keep your eyes open which makes you yawn like a bear as you try to put your left arm into your white doctors coat. It's like the hole of the sleeve is purposely avoiding you and you almost decide to go coat-less for the day.

You hear Will chuckle before he says, "Here let me help you," You give him a grateful look and let him help you put your coat on, he grabs your stethoscope before you can reach it and helps you put it around your neck without your hair curling around it. "I take it that you didn't get your dose of coffee for the day?"

"Mhmm," You glance at the mirror in your locker before you slap Will's broad shoulders with your hands. He was innocently sitting and looking through the files on the computer when you did that. "I need to wake myself up." You start jumping around and doing some exercises you saw Jay do every morning in hopes of clearing your head for the day.

Will laughs before standing up to look at you. He towers over you and you can't help but think about what he's going to do.

Then he starts tickling you.

"Oh my God Will stop!! Stop immediately," You screech through laughter as he tackles your sides. He doesn't give up until he has you lying on the couch, then he extends his hands for you and you take them. "Thanks Will. I think I'm awake now."

***

"Doctor Y/LN and doctor Halstead! Stab victim on its way you're going to trauma 2!" Maggie's clear voice makes you run towards the ED entrance where two paramedics roll in with a heavily bleeding man.

"53-year-old male, he's in cardiac arrest, stabbed to the left side of his neck. The patient was apneic with a faint pulse at the scene but arrested on route to here." One of the paramedics briefly explains the situation to you and Will before you nod and get the man into trauma 2. You don't miss the fact that Jay is standing not too far away from the man as you roll him into place. He sends you a small smile that makes your heart beat faster before he gives his brother necessary information about the man.

Medics had the man intubated, and two large-bore IVs were initiated with crystalloids infusing. He is still pulseless in on the bed. A focused assessment with sonography for trauma exam, you and Will gave orders to test is negative. After series of resuscitative efforts in the trauma bay, with both yours and Will's efforts you unfortunately pronounce the man dead.

"Why would someone do that to him?" You stand beside Jay in the hallway, arms crossed over your chest and back leaning against the reception. Your patient was a man with a big loving family, a good job and a good life. You wondered how someone could do that to a man like him?

"He was a part of something illegal," Jay explains. The three of you look at the man in the hospital bed and his grieving family around him. "He was our main clue to finding who's behind the corporation. Now he's dead and I'll have to question his family. I doubt they even know he was doing what he was."

You shake your head sadly before turning to look at Jay and put your hand on his muscular arm, "Be safe okay?" You worry about him every day when he goes to work. You hope every day that he doesn't get hurt so you don't see him in the hospital bed like the one in trauma 2.

"Of course I will, Y/N." He gave you a smile. It meant a lot of words - that smile. It's loving, thankful, reassuring, adoring...everything. You find yourself dazed by his beautiful smile.

"We better get going then. We have a coffee to drink don't we?" Will announces suddenly. He throws his arm over your shoulders and pulls you to your feet. Your eyes shoot open, "I couldn't get you one this morning so let's get one now. Hopefully I won't have to tickle you again so you stay awake?"

You look at the situation at hand. Jay is sending Will angry looks, his eyebrows are narrowed as he takes in Will's arm that's wrapped around you pulling you close to his body. You don't know what to say or do. What Will just said might have sounded wrong.

You realize at that moment that Will Halstead, your colleague and the brother of a person you've just started seeing likes you. Not knowing what you do you make up an excuse while looking at your wrist watch Jay got you. "Listen guys Nat said she's gonna facetime Owen right now so I'm going to join her. I'll be back in a bit though!"

With you all the way in the doctor's lounge and out of hearing range Jay snaps at Will, "What the hell man?!"

"What? Is there something bothering you?" Will asks, not knowing you and Jay are actually together.

"Would you stop trying to get in her pants?" Jay exclaimed, "I can see what you're trying to accomplish and I'll tell you right now. Stop."

"You want me to stop?! Where on earth does it say that I can't go and have a coffee with my colleague?"

But Jay knew better, Will looks at you the same way he does. Jay knows Will likes you. "A coffee date? What are you trying to accomplish Will? You tickle her awake, take her out on coffees, wrap your arms around her. You like her."

The silence that starts after that is broken by Will, "Yes. I do like her Jay. Do you have a problem with that?"

"Yeah I do." Jay crosses his muscular arms, "Y/N is my girlfriend, Will."

You both know it's not official, but what else could've he said to Will? Will likes you, he just admitted that and Jay knows he'd be dammed before he let him get near you romantically. You're his.

"I'm going to check on, my girlfriend. I'll be right back." Is the last thing Jay says before he makes his way to the doctor's lounge where you're sitting on the couch, drumming your fingers against the table to calm down your nerves. Please don't kill him Jay.

"There's no facetime with Owen, is it?" You rise your head and see Jay leaning against the door frame, casually. Like he didn't just find out his own brother likes you too. You put you hands in your lap and smile nervously.

"Yeah. I'm sorry I just...I didn't know he felt that way."

"I mean... I don't blame him," Jay shrugs smiling. "My girlfriend is irresistible."

GIRLFRIEND??! "Girlfriend?"

He walks over to you, "I think it's time for us to make it official."

Your heart is thumping in your chest you get a feeling it's going to fly out of your chest without your hands on that spot - preventing it from doing so.

"Doctor Y/LN. Y/N Y/LN, would you be my girlfriend?"

"But what about Will?" With your hands in his, he hauls you in his arms.

"Fuck Will. This is about you and me," You let out a giggle at his remark. "So, what do you say?"

"Yes detective Halstead. I'll be your girlfriend."

Jay Halstead flashes you a big smile before he cups your face and brings his lips down to yours. You savour the moment as much as you can before you get called out to work.

"Y/N GET YOUR PRETTY BUTT OUT OF THERE I HAVE A PATIENT FOR YOU!"

"We'll continue this at my place. Boyfriend."