☞I won't let him touch you

Hank Voight stood outside Boden's office with his Intelligence team behind him. He knocked once and was immediately let in.

Hank walked towards the bataillon chief and shook his hand. "We need your help Wallace."

Boden didn't know what to say to that, he sat in his chair and waited for an elaboration. "I don't know how I can help you."

"Not you. Your paramedics. Call them in," This was the first time Hank mentioned something the rest of Intelligence didn't know or have inside on. Jay's eyebrows raised but before he could say something Ruzek put his hand on his shoulder, halting his movements.

The unit has been working on a tough case - a case that at some point included them undercover.

It didn't set well with Jay that his girlfriend was brought into this mess. It didn't sit well with him at all.

Boden grabbed the phone and called Connie, "Connie fetch Y/LN and Brett for me would you?"

He noticed the weird look Connie gave him, she too wondered what two paramedics had to do with the best unit in CPD. She stood up and did as she was told nevertheless.

"Y/LN, Brett - Chief Boden wants to talk to you," Connie informed you two. Your eyes fell on Sylvie and everyone else in the common room. You rummaged through your brain and tried to find a pissible explanation as to why he would want to talk to you.

As you and Sylvie walked towards his office you couldn't help but ask out loud, "We didn't do anything wrong, did we?"

"That's what I was thinking!" She exclaimed, "What if this is about the gauze? I told you we shouldn't have used it!"

A few days ago, you somehow fell while going home from work. Sylvie and you decided to take the gauze from the ambo and patch you up with that, and a few more things.

"We didn't use a lot though!" Your debate was cut off as you found yourself outside his office. You raised your hand to knock but someone had already opened the door before you even connected your knuckle to the door.

It was Jay who opened it.

You failed at hiding your shock as you slowly walked into the office. You felt the tension from your boyfriend in waves and you didn't know why.

"You wanted to see us chief?" Sylvie asked, unsure of the whole situation. She looked around the room just like you did before looking back at you. Silently you told each other you'll be fine.

"Yes," Boden said and told you to sit down. "Sargent Voight and the rest of Intelligence are here to speak to you."

Us? You wanted to ask but Voight started talking immediately after Boden said that, leaving no room for questions. "5 days ago. March 11th, the two of you went on a call. Person's name is Henry Smith."

You immediately know who he's talking about. Henry Smith himself called for an ambulance, once you got to the scene you helped him in the ambo and drove him to the hospital where he was operated and the bullet was successfully taken out. You didn't think he would pull through but you gave a lot of effort to keep him alive in the ambo, you even talked while he was conscious.

"What about him?" Sylvie took the words right out of your mouth.

"He's a serial killer." Voight replied monotone. Your eyes immediately seeked for Jay's and your heartbeat spiked up drastically. Many thoughts rushed through your brain. Was he trying to get a hold of you two? Was he planning on killing you? Are they here to put you two in witness protection?

"I... I don't understand," Your voice was shaky as you said those words. Jay himself didn't even know where this was all going. He just wanted you out of this mess. He didn't wanted you pulled into it.