☞Halstead Family

"Wow, you look dead." Maggie bluntly told your moving corpse. You walked into the emergency department, bundled up in your big jacket and a random scarf you found on the floor of yours and Jay's bedroom.

"Oh yea, I'd like to see how you'd look if you had twins." You shoot back at her before yawning. The twins kept you up last night. Without Jay to sacrifice himself to them they used you as their dummy. You put your twins to sleep late, one of the last things you remember is Jay climbing in bed and telling you he's sorry for coming home late.

Then you woke up, dropped off the kids at daycare and came straight to work.

"Y/N you know I love you right? Your coffee is waiting for you in the lounge." Maggie smiles at you and you quicken your pace towards the doctor's lounge.

True to her words, your coffee is nested neatly on the coffee table. You sigh in relief and drop to the sofa before grabbing your coffee.

"The Halstead twins kept you up last night?" You recognize the voice. Will Halstead. Your husband's brother takes in the sight of you still in gloves and a big jacket, practically hugging the coffee.

"I'm dropping them off at your place for a week," You inform him. Will's eyes widen and he stops whatever he's doing.

"You're joking right? Does Jay know?"

"Jay's been more busy than ever," You admit. "He says everything's been hectic at the district. He told me to be careful."

"Yea, I heard." Will sighs. Both of you know 'hectic' in Jay's dictionary means dangerous. You can't help the wierd feeling that sneaks in and mixes with your emotions.

"Well anyways, I better get going." You down the last of your coffee and start stripping your coat, scarf and gloves. You put your usual doctors coat and grab your stethoscope before walking out of the lounge with Will hot on your tail.

***

"Mommy!" Your two bundles of joy start running towards you as soon as you exit the car. Y/S/N sprints like a champ and jumps in your arms, you hug him and shower him with kisses before his sister joins him in your arms too.

"How are my babies doing?" Your smile reaches the sky as you look at the tops of their heads. Both excited for what's to come now that they're back with you.

"I doing good mommy!" Y/D/N giggles into your hair before they both pull away.

"Where's daddy?" Your son looks behind you, hoping his dad will come out of the car the same way you did just now.

You know the answer to his innocent question. But the answer is so complex that you just say, "Daddys working."

"He's catching bad people. Right mommy?" You bring your hands up and fix your daughters loose pig tail. You nod your head and big smiles break on their faces. They loved the fact that their dad was a hero, but sometimes they didn't like that he was being a hero so much. Like right now.

They both look at you with their big doe eyes, Y/S/N's eyes look so much like yours while your daughters got Jay's eyes.

"Let's go get ice cream," You propose, knowing that ice cream will get their spirits up in no time. You load your little kids in the car and drive off to a gas station where you'll get some gas for you car and popsicles for the kids.

A few minutes of happy singing and laughing later, you round the car into the gas station. "Right, mommy will be right back just sit tight you two!" You exit your car and refill your car just enough to last you a few days. You then open the car door and unbuckle your son. Y/S/N jumps up and down a few times before he follows you to the other side of the car and patiently waits until you've unbuckled his sister too.