chapter 25

ꕥ|ꕥ

ꕥ|ꕥ

    Everything was blurry for a moment, Y/N's vision smeared. Her impact with the ground underneath her definitely wasn't expected. At least, not that painful. With a small grunt and a fluttering of her eyes, she realized where she was.

   There were waves in front of her, now recognizing the feeling of sand underneath her. She could hear the water crashing against itself, rolling in as tides. With a slow raise of her head, a bit confused and her mind running all over the place, Y/N slowly and carefully picked her head up.

    With a turn of her head to the side, she seemed to remember what had happened, what the group had just gone through. And when she spotted Hermione's body lying a few yards from her to the right with Sofia and Ron still in each other's hold standing over her, she felt her heart drop, quickly scrambling to her feet within seconds.

    With adrenaline fueling her body and nothing but her heart drumming in her ears, she sprinted towards the three, watching how Hermione moved the slightest bit. Sofia and Ron seemed to be in shock, dumbfounded by what had just happened, where they were only seconds ago.

Falling to her knees on the wet sand beneath her next to the bushy-haired girl, she let out a sigh of relief as she started to sit up. Ignoring the stinging sensation behind her eyes and trying to keep her tears at bay, Y/N had no time to react as Hermione threw herself onto her, a small sob leaving her lips as Y/N was quick to hold her, Ron and Sofia watching silently as they stood next them.

Y/N could feel Hermione clawing at her, grasping at her coat like if she let go she would disappear. She could feel the tears hitting her neck, and it wasn't long before she felt ones of her own slowly sliding down her face, cradling Hermione's head as the other was wrapped around her waist, pulling her into her.

"It's okay. We're okay. They're gone," she assured the bushy-haired girl, but she was only given another sob in response as Hermione shook in her hold, arms wrapping tighter around her.

"She—she," Hermione sputtered out, but couldn't formulate a whole sentence as she released another soft cry, Y/N giving a sniffle as she wiped a tear from her face. Remembering how Hermione was lying on the floor not even seconds ago, Y/N frantically pulled away, searching her up and down.

"You're not hurt? Nothing hurts? Please tell me she didn't do anything," she asked quickly, Hermione giving her a shake of her head as Y/N let out a sigh, pulling her back in as quick as she could.

"Hermione! Where is she? Hermione," Harry called out, now making his way over to the group as he searched them, approaching his cousin and the girl first as he checked them worriedly, sand lining his jeans. "Oh, my God. Is she okay, she isn't hurt?"