Chapter 12: Round 2- The Beast v.s. Prince Charming

Start from the beginning

            Ha!  Suck it in Brian, suck it in.

            ((Brian: 2  Rivyn: 2...it’s getting gooood))

            “See you later?” I whispered to Noah.  A huge smile formed on his face. 

            “Yeah, catch you later,” he murmured.  I stuffed my hands in my pockets and walked away, biting my lip from grinning so much.  The funny thing was that I wasn’t smiling because of the kiss, I was smiling because of Brian’s reaction.  And maybe a little bit about that kiss.....Ah, sweet victory.

            Just as I reached the top of the steps, about a big distance from the boys, I turned back, witnessing an argument break out.

            Brian was yelling at Noah now and the brunette girl was watching with intensity.  Noah yelled back and pointed to me.  Brian yelled something else, pushing Noah’s arm away. 

            Oh, god.  What did I start? 

            Noah shouted something making Brian clench his knuckles.  Next thing I knew, Brian punched Noah in the face, making me scream. 

            I ran down the steps, witnessing the two continue to fight.  Brian caught Noah in a head lock and began to knee him the back.  Just as I reached them, Noah was grabbing Brian by the collar, punching him several times in the face.  The brunette girl screamed and backed away far as possible.  Everyone began to take notice and a small crowd formed.

            “Guys!   STOP!” I shouted, trying to break them apart.  Why must they be so strong?  “Guys!  Stop it right now!  Brian!  Noah!  STOP!”  It was like I was invisible.  Taking a deep breath in, I stepped in between only to get a punch in the face from the right side.  Everyone gasped. 

            I stared at the ground, shaken.  A little dizzy, I touched my jaw.  Jesus, that hurt.  Slowly shifting my head, I swore to see Noah give me a shocked expression.

            “Rivyn, I’m so sorry!  I didn’t mean to hit you!” he spluttered, trying to apologize.  My eyes lingered towards the little trail of blood that traced down his neck.  Oh my god......

            Clearing my throat, I nodded my head and suddenly felt a pair of arms around my waist.  The floor being lifted off my feet, I slowly was being drifted away from Noah.  “Hey!”  I spun around and pushed my helper.  “What the hell was that for?” 

            Chris sighed and let go of me.  “So I could get you out of that,” he said.  I glanced back at the boys just as Brian threw his fist, right at Noah. 

            “Oh my god!  Chris, do something!” I shouted, pointing at the fight like it wasn’t obvious enough. 

            He held up his hands and gave me an apologetic gaze.  “Sorry but it’s pretty hard to brake those two apart.  I’d probably end up looking like you if I interfered.”  I touched my cheek, feeling the bruise come on. 

            I tugged at his arm.  “Please, Chris.  You got to stop them, they’re going kill each other!” I pleaded as Brian hit the floor.  Noah was pinning him to the ground, continuously punching his face.

            Chris sighed and rolled up his sleeves.  I smiled weakly and watched him enter the fight.  It took a little longer than I hoped for but Chris finally got Noah off of Brian and was now trying to calm him down. 

            My instinct kicking in, I ran to Brian who was still on the ground, probably unconscious.  I knelt down beside him and caught my breath.  “Oh my god, Brian.  Are you alright?” I asked, cupping his cheek into my hand.    His lip was bleeding and the bruise on his eyelid began to swell up again.