Chapter 24- A Kiss Plain And Simple

Start from the beginning

“I am tired.” I sighed and blew down at my mug shifting the steam from the surface of my tea. Suddenly he stood up and walked around the breakfast bar which was once a safe haven for me.

“Logan told me that you showed him what happened.” He leaned against the breakfast bar in front of me, staring deep into my own silver and green eyes. I swallowed hard.

Crap.

I expected him to be angry or to be agitated at the least but he just stood there emotionless. His arms were crossed over his chest while my hands clutched at the edge of the marble worktop. He was waiting, waiting for me to say something; I guess waiting for me to explain myself.

“I guess you want to know why?” he nodded and stood there as the golden light of the rising sun caused a halo around his white grey streaked hair. I wanted to clear my throat as it almost became uncomfortable to breathe.

“I showed him because I thought he could handle it. I guess I was wrong about that.” I murmured the last part as I vividly remembered his reaction to seeing what I had done, and what people had done to me. He just left me there to deal with the consequence of my actions all over again.

Eric looked at me with a slightly shocked yet confused gaze. I couldn’t look into his shadowed blue eyes, my hands relaxed on the counter edge as my long nails began to drum against the marble.

“What do you mean?” he didn’t raise his voice, the way he said it was open and honest, he didn’t want me to shy away or close myself off. I had done enough of that to him already.

“Logan said if I continued to bottle things up one day I would just shatter under the pressure, so I thought the best person to show that time to would be him, I thought he understood.” Eric’s eyes soon began to clear away the murky confusion that once shadowed his gaze.

“What did he do after seeing the memory Liberty?” the corner of my lip twitched in a pained way, my chest constricted and caved in on itself as I stood there waiting for myself to speak.

“He left me there, he kissed me and saw every death every experiment I endured, and he just left me there he didn’t utter a single word to me, he just left as fast a physically possible. He ran away from the freak, the monster.” I didn’t want to do this anymore, I was sick of this. I was sick of relieving ever bit of my past just to prove to others that I face as much misery and pain as they did.

I lunged sideways out of the breakfast bar only to feel the tops of my arms gripped in a vice like grip. I was pushed back into the edge of the worktop hard. The marble dug into my back bruising the pale sensitive skin that lay there. I hissed as I looked up into Eric’s eyes, they were full of anger, but also hurt.

“Why did you just call yourself a freak, a monster?” he said in a deadly low voice. It was so deep it vibrated through my body. The words traveled through very synapse causing a shiver to claw its way down my spine at an agonizingly slow pace.

“Because of what I am and what I have done Eric. I’m a mutant hybrid, I’m not fully mutant, and not fully a God. I was given powers I couldn’t understand, while trying to cope with the one I had been born with. The things I had to do in japan were unforgivable! I killed people so I could survive! I let people I cared about kill me on multiple occasions all because I wanted them to live!” hot tears pricked my hot skin as my breaths came out in labored gasps.