I mentally pictured myself pushing against the foggy wall. I shot fire at it, kicked it, heck even rammed myself headlong into it, but it didn't even wobble. All that seemed to be happening was my power draining by the second. After five seconds of hitting the wall, I didn't have enough energy to hold my hand up to my head. I fell back on the grass of the field but still continued to fight. As I felt the last of my power start to drain away from me, I heard a voice. Crystal?

Percy! I'm here! Even in my head, that sounded weak. Percy, I don't know how much longer I can fight the cloudy wall.

Just a little more Crystal! I'm almost through, my love. Please, just hold on!

As I tried to continue to shoot fire at the wall, I heard another voice. "Crystal? Can you hear me?! You have to stop fighting, now! If you continue..." Terrell's voice trailed off. Either he got quieter or the world became darker.

Somehow, a part of me knew that I continued fighting a second longer, I wouldn't have any more energy to open my eyes again or breathe. Tears ran down my face as I pulled myself away from the bond. I put up my own wall of steel and felt Percy retreat as well. As I pulled back, Terrell's voice became clearer.

"...Crystal! Please, listen to me! If you continue fighting, you'll die. I'm sorry, but I was the one who put up that foggy wall you feel. The Alphas threatened my sister and Ri- someone else if I didn't break the connection between you and Perseus. I hope that you can forgive me and not be too angry with me..." His voice started to drift off again. I struggled to open my eyes and I barely just managed to see green swirls cloud my vision before I passed out.

~~~

I could hear arguing. I cracked an eye open to vaguely see the two morons bickering in front of my bed. It was dark in the room since there weren't any lights on. But I can still see their faces? Weird. I must have super powerful sight or something.

I tried to keep my breathing steady but when the memories of the cloudy bond came rushing back, my breathing became sharper and faster. The morons noticed and were each at either side of my bed in an instant.

"Is she having a nightmare?" Blondie asked.

Edmund said, "I think so, dumb bell or her breathing wouldn't be so erratic like it is." I could feel his hands grip my shoulders and ever so slightly lift me up off the pillows.

I opened my eyes to look straight into Edmud's. He smiled wickedly. "Hello my dear."

I swatted his hands away from my shoulders and fell back into the pillows. "What do you want?"

He sat down on the edge of the bed and placed his hand on my leg. Blondie growled at him and Edmund pulled back his hand. "Well, my dear, we were wondering which one of us you would like to be your mate."

I rolled my eyes. "Is picking neither of you an option?"

Blondie sat down then and growled under his breath. "Darn it witch. If you don't tell us, then we would have to fight for your hand and I would rather not get my hands dirty if I could help it."

I looked at Blondie closely. The Alpha seemed to struggle to meet my eyes. Eventually he gave up and looked around the room. He looked everywhere but at me. I turned back to face Edmund. He was smiling at me. I wanted to smack it right off of his face. I need to get back to Percy. He didn't know that they girl wasn't me. He truly was trying to apologize and I ran from him. Man, I seem to be doing that a lot.

"Well?" Edmund asked. He seemed to have a tone in his voice which made it sound like he had to ask it again.

"I'm sorry. What?"

Edmund let out an exasperated breath. "If you don't choose in the next five seconds, we'll have to fight for the right to have you because our dominance is too great."

This is exactly what I needed. If the wolves fight to the death, I'll only have to worry about escaping from one of them instead of both. Yes, it may be brutal, but if it could get me back to Percy-

A hand slapped across my face. The force of the blow threw me to the side into Blondie's lap. He pushed me off of him immediately. I struggled to regain my balance. "I warned you, you dang witch!" Edmund yelled. "Now answer me!"

"You want an answer?!" I yelled. "Well, here it is! I want you two to fight for me! How am I supposed to know that you two are able to support and take care of me when you won't even show me the lengths you'll go to in order to have me. Whoever wins the fight, meaning whoever is left breathing, will be...will be..." I started to falter. I didn't want to promise that whoever won would win my hand because then I'll have to live with my promise. Thankfully, Edmund with his superego, cut in.

"You're right, witch. How do you know which one is more dominant anyway? In three days, we will fight for you. Winner gets your hand. And since we are gentlemen about the fight, we won't be able to see you until the time of the fight. And just to make sure you don't leave the palace before the fight," Edmund motioned for Terrell to come in.

He had a sad look on his face but it quickly disappeared when Edmund addressed him. "Warlock, I want you to cast a spell on my dear here so she won't be able to escape. How about a sleeping spell, huh?"

"What? No! Terrell!" I shouted at him. Terrell just looked away from me and turned towards Edmund.

"She will wake up when the battle begins." Terrell closed his eyes and started mumbling warlock jumbo at me. I threw off the covers and tried to run but strong arms came around me and held me in place. The last thing I saw was green swirling magic flowing over me and Edmund's cruel smile.