2

voting always helps! please do so! :)

AS SOON AS THE SOUND OF THE ALARM

filled the room, the young girl jolted awake from her bed. With half asleep legs, she found her way to the bathroom to take a quick shower.

"Damn it!" she cursed as she almost slipped on her way out

Just like every other morning, she was in a hurry, not having time to eat breakfast or to choose some decent clothes. She picked a random pair of sweats and the first shirt that she saw in her closet.

"I will have to pick the vending machine again" she said in between curses as she put her shoes on and left the house in a hurry

Her always being on the very edge of getting late to work was not exactly her fault. The traffic was intense every weekday and walking on foot to work was not an option as it was more than just a few blocks away. But to her relief, she actually got there 10 minutes earlier.

"Morning' Y/N!" one of her workers greeted her

She simply nodded as she dragged her feet to the vending machine from the ground floor. She always got the same thing. One iced americano and a protein bar, that was surely full of sugar, just like any other snacks from there.

"Don't girls usually get something like lattes?" a certain voice asked from behind of her, perhaps someone who also wanted to get something from the machine

"Don't you have a ton of these in your office? And for free even" she sighed as she picked up her coffee and snack bar

The male kept on the same bored expression as he moved to get his own americano. One glance at him and you would also think he was a homeless man, just like Y/N looked most of the days. But on a second look, a more observant one, you will notice that all his clothes are designer brands, that his hair, despite his growth roots and length, was neatly put in a ponytail. His face was sharp, yet pretty, almost like a girls, but the eyebags were there, but not from the hard work, unlike our main character, but from the all nighters he pulled playing video games. But that's a job too, isn't it?

"It doesn't really matter" he said taking a sip of the strong coffee

"Y/N, are the files ready for the meeting on friday?" one of her coworkers asked

"Uhm, will be" she replied ashamed over the fact that she forgot about those

"Better be, we count on you! Oh! Good morning sir!" the man greeted the boy

"I'll be off now. Goodbye Mr. Kozume" she said in a hurry as she reached to the elevator in order to get to her office

Kenma Kozume was her boss and also the founder of this company. He was only a few years older than her, two more exactly. But he still looked like a teen, and acted like one most of the time. She knew that he was extremely serious about his work and every meeting as well, but his personality was not so pleasant. At least that's what she came to think after a good year in the company.

"Let's see...the files should be right...here! Found ya!" she shouted at the computer screen in victory

Lunch break was the only time where she could take a nap, but today she chose to actually grab something to eat, something more than just a protein bar.

"Do you think you can also bring me some of those sandwiches from that cafeteria you go to?" she asked one of her female coworkers

"Sure thing!" she smiled brightly

As she returned to her office with two small sandwiches, she found herself scrolling through social media, something she never had the time to do at work. But a certain notification caught her attention.

LOVE!LOVE HAS A NEW TASK FOR YOU!

She clicked on it, remembering the app she installed a few days ago. She was supposed to receive and do tasks, right?

L!
Hello Y/N! I am so excited since this is your very first task! Aren't you excited as well?

She expected to see some options from where she could choose from, but she was actually able to type anything she wanted. Interesting...

Y/N
Not really. Very few things excite me
L!
That sounds sad and boring! But fear no more, I am here to entertain you. Are you ready to hear your first task?

Y/N
ig

L!
Your first task is: wear nice clothes to work tomorrow! (skirt included)
Time limit: 10 am tomorrow

Y/N
are you serious?
L!
Couldn't be more! I wish you good luck and have fun!

One thing was clear to her. The app was using real people to converse with its users and not simple bots. Which, considering the weird task, led her to believe that her friend went out of her way only to make her more "presentable".

"Good fucking job Mitsuki" she laughed at the thought

It wasn't a hard thing after, she just had to wake up a bit early. After all, if her friend made this effort to create an app for such a simple little thing, she could at least try to grant her wish. But was it really Mitsuki behind the app?

"Damn, I guess it's time to get back to work" she sighed as she glanced at the clock on the wall

Her lunch break was over, but the real game was just about to begin.

_____________
i feel like this version is better than the old one! so i do hope you genjoy it