Chap 16

"Okay, come in." Nick whispers, he doesn't know why he is whispering, he just feels secretive with Andy in his house, like the old days.
Andy looks around quizzically, brushing his hand against his furniture, setting down his bags.
He smiles softly, he remembers being here so clearly, like it was yesterday. He remembers leaving this house, wondering every time he did if it was just sex to him, although he knew it wasn't.
"This place hasn't changed a bit." He laughs, looking at the framed pictures on his shelves, accompanied by a large amount of dust on all of them.
Nick sets Andy's bag to the side, he's a bit jittery, seeing Andy in his house is weird to him, for some reason he thinks someone will walk in at any moment.
"Yeah, I didn't seem to have effort to do much with it again."
Nick says, looking around.
Andy turns to him, he curses himself everyday for ever leaving him, something he really shouldn't have done, he can't even begin to imagine how heartbroken he must have been, but here he is, with him, still fighting for him, he's the strongest person he knows.
"Thanks. For letting me stay, I mean."
Andy says, but really that thank you was for everything, for him just not giving up on him.
Nick raises a brow at him, a small smile on his lips.
"Why thank me? I wanted you here too." Nick says, his warm smile could calm Andy in any situation.
Nick checks his watch, letting out a sigh, he knows Simon and John are waiting for him to rehearse, but he doubts any rehearsal will get done, they'll probably catch up the whole time; they are all easily distracted.
"I'll have to be off, just- make yourself at home, you know it like your own house." Nick says, taking Andy's hands into his.
"Okay, how long will I have to wait for you?" Andy asks, he sounds desperate to know, Nick smiles at him, he loves how much he wants to spend time with him.
Suddenly an idea flicks into his head, he wonders that if Andy could go down to the studio when Simon and John leave, just to let him see it again, he feels it would be nice.
"Well, maybe you'd like to come down?"
Nick says, laying his hand onto Andy's chest.
Andy looks down at his hand, then back at him.
"I-I can't, John and Simon?"
Andy reminds him, looking back down at Nick's soft hand on his chest.
"Afterwards, I'll ring you when they're gone, it would be nice for you to see it again."
Andy remembers the studio very clearly, everything about it, he can recall the arguments between them that were shared in that place, although now even they are good memories.
"Sounds good." Andy sighs out, giving Nick a smile.
"Okay, don't miss me too much." Nick teases, fluffing Andy's hair. Andy rolls his eyes, taking his hand off of him, before he kisses his lips as a goodbye.

Nick lazily walks up the steps, almost reaching the door, he realises Warren is going to be here, this will be the first time seeing him since he kissed him, he still can't believe he done it, he knows that John is aware, he wonders if he told Simon though, it probably would have made no difference any way, they do need him since Andy isn't around.
Nick slowly opens the door, he peaks his head around to see John on his own, bass in his hand, he smiles at him, he really did miss them both.
John perks his head up, a smile growing on his face.
"Nicky!" He exclaims, setting his bass down to give Nick a hug.
Nick takes him into his embrace, closing his eyes to rest his head onto his shoulder, their height difference is a joke, Nick's arms hardly reach.
"Hi, Johnny." Nick says through the material of John's jacket.
"How are you?" John asks, parting from the hug to look him in the eye, looking a little concerned.
"I'm alright." He says with a smile, knowing that Andy isn't too far off from him.
"I'm glad," John says, before looking around himself to make sure no one is around.
"How's Ands?" He whispers, an eyebrow raised. Nick smiles just hearing his name, he could stupidly talk about him for hours, although he knows not too.
"He's good, I didn't think you'd care, Nigel." Nick says, a smirk on his face, he's only telling the truth, he thought he wouldn't want to.
John scoffs, rolling his eyes.
"Hey, it's still Andy, I still care about the guy."
Care. Nick repeats in his head, it's good to know that he doesn't hate him, he's going to need that attitude, as he now knows they're a thing now.
The two turn their heads around to see Simon and Warren walk into the room, Simon's face lights up when he meets eyes with Nick, Nick can't help but laugh, he's more than happy to see him.
"Aw, Nick!" Simon says with open arms, Nick puts his arms under his, hugging him tightly. He completely ignores Warren, while Warren stares at him directly, he's not the best person at being discrete.
"Hi, Charley."
Nick whispers, he keeps thinking to himself how it would go if he brought Andy here, he thinks Simon and John might be too nice to say anything to Andy, although trying to convince Andy to come over would be difficult.
The four of them soon get into the rehearsing, not too much talking, but for the first time Nick actually feels okay being here doing rehearsal, he still hates Warren being here, seeing him being right where Andy used to sit enrages him so much. Although he feels he's happier because he knows Andy is with him now, he's not somewhere in another life from him, he's not too far off, and Nick gets to see him soon, it's what keeps him going throughout this rehearsal. Warren every once and a while glances at Nick, Nick pays no attention to it, now that John knows he feels more comfortable, he knows he wouldn't have confronted him about it though, too weary of loosing him, since they're in need of him right now.
"My voice is fucked, I might be coming down with something." Simon says, holding his hand to his throat.
Nick perks his head up, his voice sounds fine to him, he knows Simon can be self conscious of his voice.
"Well, we have done quite a few songs."
Nick adds, he never usually talks much nowadays in rehearsal, he just doesn't feel the need to.
"Nick's right, Si. We should probably leave it for today." John adds, rubbing his eyes, he looks so tired, although they all are, especially since Nick went to sleep very late last night, but for reasons that were truly worth it, he can't stop beaming about it, every once and a while he has to stop himself from smiling.
"Fine, we'll call it day." Simon sighs, they are all quite relieved of that, Nick just wants Andy right now, to be able to see him here, it would bring back a lot of memories for them both.
Nick stays seated as he watches the rest pack their things together, he hopes they don't grow suspicious if he stays behind, maybe John might know, it's weird because he's so used to keeping it a secret.
"Nick? You coming?"
John asks, swinging his jacket on.
Nick perks his head up, looking to Simon and John, Warren is already gone.
"Uh- No, I'll catch up with you, there's just a few things I have to do."
Nick says with a smile. John and Simon glance to each other, their faces slightly confused.
"Are you sure?" Simon asks, while John looks him up and down, a small smirk on his face, he probably has an idea of what he's doing.
"I'm sure." Nick says with a nod, leaning back in his seat.
The two give him a nod, before leaving together, the door closes slowly, and once Nick knows for sure they're gone, he gets up from his seat, a smile on his face.
"Ands, come down now. They're gone."
"Are you sure?"
Andy asks nervously, he clearly wants to steer clear from Simon and John, and how can Nick blame him? It would be quite awkward.
"I'm sure, stop being so paranoid." Nick giggles.
"Okay, as long as your sure."