30 | ₃ ₐ.ₘ.

Start from the beginning

When I returned to my room, Bella was back. Her eyes were still a little puffy and her cheeks displayed red blotches - you could see she has been crying - but I smiled nevertheless, showing them the album of movies I brought. 

"You can choose, I've seen almost all of them anyway, and I don't mind watching them again," I handed it to Bella, who had a grateful smile on her face. It warmed my heart. 

-

"Okay, I've got the popcorn with me, the TV is working, and the lights are..." I turned off the lights from the living room, "off. We're ready for out movie night!" I exclaimed happily, putting the bowl with snack on the small coffee table in front of the ouch. 

My parents were already upstairs, as it was currently 9 pm. My mom was an early bird, hence she also didn't stay up late very often. My dad, however, was probably still working a little on his computer, though he was in their bedroom, so we wouldn't bother each other. 

When we all got cozy under the blankets, I pushed the play-button and the opening scene with music was starting. "Thanks, Soph," said Bella out of nowhere. "For tonight." Evie nodded, going along with her statement. 

"No worries, guys. I've wanted to do this with you anyways," I smiled at them, and then we quieted down as the main character's first scene came up. 

⌜ Grayson's POV ⌝

A few hours later...

She asked me to come to her house again. She didn't tell me why, just that I had to come. I couldn't tell her the time exactly when I'd be here, she knew that. I still had to discuss some things at my house with Jake, Kyle and Anderson.

She told me she had put the keys to her front door under the doormat. At first, I thought: no, that's an unwise place. Anyone could simply take it. But there wasn't a better place to hide it, she told me.

So, as I stepped out of my car, I walked up to the front porch and bent down. I felt a minor wave of relief wash over me as I saw the copper item laying there securely. I picked it up and unlocked the door, treading inside the house without a noise. I was pretty stealthy and could sneak in anywhere. Though, it wasn't something to brag about, because the person who I've learned it from is dead to me. It's him, he taught me how to do it, just like he taught me how to shoot a fucking gun.

She sent me a message to warn me about her parents – well, Mom, to be exact – being a light sleeper, but I didn't need to worry about that. Because when I entered her house, I looked at the clock, barely making out the numbers on it due to the darkness, but I could still note that it was 3 am.

As I was underway to go to her bedroom, I heard snores and shuffling sounds come from next to me. I promptly looked over, my eyes narrowed as I tried to make out my surroundings. I took a step closer to the sounds. Who was sleeping on the couch? I thought confusedly. Everyone in this house has a bedroom and own bed. Don't ask me how I know.

When I witnessed two people sort of lying on top of each other on the couch, I saw one of their faces. I think I've seen them sitting in the cafeteria with Sophia before. Her friends. Why did she have friends over? Why would Sophia need me if she had friends with her?

I walked around the living room but found no Sophia. Until I went inside their kitchen. I closed the door behind me, making sure to not wake her friends up with the light, and scanned the room. My eyes landed on a figure a few metres in front of me.

There she was, sitting on a chair, her head resting on both her arms that were crossed over each other on the table. She was sleeping. Shit, she must've waited for me, and I took too long. I unexpectedly felt bad, and didn't, not one bit, liked the feeling. I've almost never felt guilt before, only a few times and now. She really is messing with my emotions.