A Fierce and Brave Women In My Life

From day one when we meet in that classroom, you have kept me on my toes. Sitting at a desk, next to a person who was a complete stranger to me. We wouldn't be strangers for long, and I am beyond grateful for everything you have taught me. You were the only one to get me to open up about my past and the pain I felt because of it. You have shown me a world of love without us ever having to leave a room. Love that follows me where ever I go. We have had conversations upon conversations that I am forever grateful for. You showed me, no you taught how to cope, that mental health was something that is a constant struggle but there is light. You taught me to open up, not burry things deep.

You taught me how to open up. You were and are my hero. You are strong and brave. Kind and considerate. Selfless and beautiful. You are really good with your makeup, and I know you struggle with comments, but I mean every single one of them. You are beautiful and brave, and perhaps the most courage's women I know. You are amazing. You taught me how to open up. You are so fierce and brave. And I am proud to have you as my friend. You are like family. Like a sister who knows how to help me. Through your own mental health struggles, you have taught me it's okay to be sad and feel that way, but the important part is recognizing that there are going to be better days. That there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. You taught me not to keep everything inside. You helped me find my voice.

We have supported each other through thick and thin the last couple of years and I can say with certainty that I couldn't have asked for a better person to go through it with. You are fierce and brave and have taught me to do the same. You have taught me what a true friendship is and you have taught me that I can trust others with my emotions. You have taught me that it's okay to ask for help and get help when you need it, even if that's a hard step to make. COVID-19 & college has put us far apart, but that hasn't stopped us from talking.

You are an amazing soul. You have encouraged me to be strong and it makes me feel fierce and brave, just like you. I have you to thank for being my pillar of support. My pillar of strength and love. Even when we are miles apart, only connected by text or phone call, you are there. Shining in your fierce bravery to tackle your mental health and help other tackle theirs. Your passion to open up the conversation makes you extra fierce. You aim to help not only me, but thousands of others in need.