"I'm still unable to accumulate the reason why you want to meet with me."

"We can work things out, Eva."

"Enough!"

"No!" His fingers stiffened around the phone. Eyes mirrored impatience. "No… it's not."

"No..." Eva, helplessly agreed, her voice unsteady. "But we aren't compatible."

"Mind you explain why not?"

She had more control now. Barely, Eva dictated shakily. Nevertheless it was better than none. Time to establish strict rules; quickly and precisely. "Daniel, we are two different people with different motives. Each with different priorities.  And…" She detached herself from the wall, straightened. "Your request isn't one of them."

"You bet?" Frustration surfaced inside of him.

Eva, narrowed her eyes more in surprise than annoyance. Off she'd missed the ruthlessness in him. It would be preferable if she considered that later when she wasn't hearing his voice. When he wasn't crowding her mind. When she wasn't picturing his hand smothering her neck to her jaw. When she wasn't feeling an imaginary lips that looked like his, on hers. Now she has to concentrate only on her begrudge of him. With that she was certain not to drive out of point and disgrace herself. "Nothing's going to work between us, if that's what you're nailing at."

Deciding to let that drop, at least for a moment, Daniel licked his mouth. "I'm clear on that issue now," he countered."So's this one… I need you madly."

"Ahh!" The sound escaped from her mouth right before she was able to hold it back.

"Are you alright?" His countenance changed to that of worry. "Hello, Eva?" He jerked eight inches off the chair.

"I'm fine!" Eva, snapped. Feeling so disgusted with herself.

"Sure about that?"

"Not at all"

"What's the problem?"

"I'm fine!"

"Is anyone there with you?" Daniel rushed out of his office. Still not believing she was okay.

The concern etched in his voice sent shivers down her spine. Sluggishly she rested her back to the wall again. Fully aware of the hindrance blocking her from grabbing what she wanted. Sequence of the wrong he'd inhibited… her losing her job in the processes. Eva, felt the return of her resentment towards him. "Straight and to the point__"

"Would be a whole lot more ridiculous to take a circular route at the moment," he cut in intentionally trying to make her forget what she was about saying. Not when his intuition already told him it wouldn't be good. "Some situations do with contemplation."

"No need for that." She retorted. Still she wanted to. "My concern duels with the fact that you are my ex, nothing's changed." Including my deep feelings for you. "It's best we stick with that."

"Fine. We'll go for dinner today._

Eva, paused her intake of breath. Doubted for a moment she heard him wrong. "No." She responded still.

"I'll pick you up by seven."

Skimming through her interaction with people, it was very rare anyone ignored a statement she had made. Raptly recalled, Daniel wasn't 'anyone'. He was naturally as stubborn as a bull. Determined as a phoenix. Rather than temper, Eva tried patience. She remembered to have worked quite a lot for that. It was bound to infuriate her, but that seemed to be the only option at that point. "Daniel, I said no."