Closing The Barrier?

Outfit

Mal goes to Evie's starter castle, 'Evie's 5Hearts'

"Who else knows about the crown and the scepter?" Elena asks Mal.

"No one. I mean, think about it, people are scared enough as it is. We have to employ these entirely new security measures." Mal explains as she lightly paces.

"Will this delay our bringing over more VKs?" Evie asks her.

"We're talking about closing the barrier for good." Mal answers her with a frown.

"But you said no. I mean, the five of us are living the dream out here, and we finally get to share that. I mean, what could be more important than that?" Evie says as Mal tries to hide her shocked look.

"Yeah. I know. I mean, maybe security or maybe piece of mind for everyone in Auradon." Mal says trying to explain her reasoning without disappointed her two best friends.

"Is that what they're thinking? And were they seriously thinking that no one will ever go in or out of the Isle ever again?" Elena questions as hurt appears on her face.

"What, we never get to go back and see our parents? And what about these kids? We promised them that they could go back and visit whenever they wanted." Evie adds.

"Yeah, I know." Mal says sadly as she starts to kind of regret her decision.

"M, I'm so glad that you are going to be queen. You will be a part of these conversations, you will stand up for the VKs. Thank you for telling us." Evie says before hugging Mal, who cringes on the inside.

"You're gonna be a great Queen." Elena adds before joining the hug. Mal couldn't believe that she had just lied to them but she believes that she is doing what is best fit Auradon and the safety of their futures.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Morning. Got the beach towels." Carlos says as he walks into the kitchen.

"Morning." Jay says back as Elena and Evie start tossing him apples.

"Hey. I really think she's gonna like the cake, you guys." Carlos says as he walks over to it.

"Oh yeah!" Elena says in agreement.

"Oh, no. Okay. Who got into Jane's cake?" Carlos yells. Elena hears yelling outside before running to the door with the others behind her.

"You'll pay the price of what you did and so will of all Auradon." Audrey says as Elena, Jay, Carlos, Evie, and Celia run outside. "Hello, there Beautiful." She turns to Elena.

"Audrey? What are you doing?" Elena asks confused.

"Oh, I'm getting what I deserved. By the way, Did you like the gift I sent you?" Audrey says to Elena.

"What? You sent the crown?" Elena questions.

"Yes. Every queen needs someone by their side." Audrey says with a smirk.

"Audrey, what ever you're doing...you need to stop. This isn't you." Elena tells Audrey.

Audrey smirk turns into a frown, "Well it's the new me! If you don't like it, maybe we shouldn't be together!"

"What?!" Elena exclaims.

"So long suckers!" Audrey disappears in a cloud of pink smoke. Jay reaches over to help Mal.

"Whoa! You might wanna think of a spell for that." Jay says realizing she had been changed.

"There's no spell that can reverse the curse of the scepter." Mal says sadly.

"Well, that's a shame." Carlos says.

"Forgot about me. Audrey's out for revenge. And all of Auradon's is in danger." Mal explains.

"What should we do?" Evie asks her.

"The only thing more powerful than the scepter is Hades' ember." Elena answers her.

"Oh! Like he's gonna hand it over, if we went back to the Isle." Jay says sarcastically.

"And no one knows where his lair is." Evie adds.

"I do. I'm his errand rat. I've got the key at my dad's." Celia explains.

"You are coming." Mal tells Celia.

"But I just got here." Celia complains.

"Mal?" Dizzy asks as she and Maddie walk out with the twins. Maddie and Dizzy let out a scream.

"Dizzy, Maddie, stay here to take care of the twins. We'll be right back and everything will be just fine. Go inside." Evie explains before they go back inside. "Guys, go get your stuff."

"How bad is it?" Mal asks Elena and Evie.

"You age beautifully." Elena says after she and Evie share a look.

"Now, let's get you into something fabulous." Evie says with a smile.

"Okay." Mal says.

"Come on." Elena says as she and Evie walk off with Mal following slowly. Elena and Evie go back to help Mal. "Okay. Oh, yeah, there we go. Okay. Almost there."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The VKs take their bikes before stopping by the water. Celia is riding with Mal.

"Noble steed, proud and fair, you shall take us anywhere." Mal says as here eyes turn green. They then start driving across the water to the Isle.

Elena looks back at Auradon for a moment. Did Audrey mean what she said? Were they really over? She sighed before looking back ahead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile at Jane's party, Audrey showed up and put everyone to sleep besides Chad. Jane escaped by getting into the Enchanted Lake.

"Hey, Jane. I'm on my way to the party. My meetings ran long." Ben says as he answers his phone.

"No, no. Stay where you are, Ben. Audrey's got the scepter and everyone's asleep. I'm gonna call Mom and tell her to get her wand." Jane quickly explains before hanging up.

"Is Mal with you? Jane? Jane?" Ben tries asking before realizing she hung up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey! Another chapter! What do you think of that? Don't worry tho, Audrey and Elena aren't over just yet. They are endgame! Sorry Riverdale reference, lol. Anyways, hoped you enjoy and more is coming soon. Get excited cause it's going to get wild!

-Mary💗