5-Lisanna-October 13, X782

Two years since the last time I felt something was worth saying. The only other important thing is when I turned 14, Natsu and I started dating. Lisanna, Mira, and Elfman, still haven’t come back from their job they started last week, which worries me. Lindy keeps insisting Natsu and I go to where their job was sent from and see if they are alright, which I’m starting to think is a good idea. Today, I left Lindy home, and Cana’s babysitting. I went to the guild with Natsu.

“I’m really worried, I get a bad vibe from the job Lisanna’s on-” I said, sitting down at a table next to Natsu.

“I think we should see if she’s ok!” I said.

“Chelsie, they should be fine, they’re one of the strongest groups in the guild!” Natsu said, smiling at me.

“After us, of course.” I said, smiling back.

“Natsu, I have to see if they’re ok!” I said, standing up from my chair, slamming my hands on the table.

“Ok, but I have to go with you.” Natsu said, standing up with me. Without saying anything, we both walked outside the guild. The first thing we saw, was Mira and Elfman, covered in wounds, and crying.

“T-they’re back?” I asked myself, then running towards them.

“C-Chelsie, Lisan-” Mira stuttered crying as hard as she could.

“Where is she!?” I asked her, shaking her by the sides of her arms. Natsu ran up to us.

“Elfman tried to…...takeover the beast……..” Mira said, crying even harder.

“What happened!?” I screamed at her, unready for the news I was about to get.

“He lost control……...she’s dead……” Mira said, muffling her tears with her left hand. I froze, then fell to my knees. I started to cry as hard as Elfman and Mira. Natsu stared down at us, unable to speak because he was so stunned. When I looked at him, even though he didn’t cry, he looked sadder than all of us.

“W-where’s her body?” Natsu asked, sounding like he was about to cry harder than any of us.

“I was holding her……...but then her body just disappeared…..there’s nothing left……” Mira said, unable to hold her tears back.

“Lisanna……..she…..she’s dead……” I said to myself, staring at the floor.

“I knew I should’ve helped you…..Li-chan…..” I said to myself, knowing I haven’t called her that for over a year.

“Lisanna!!!!!!!!” I screamed at the top of my lungs, tears running down my face. People started to wander out of the guild, wanting to know what all of the ruckus was about.

“Chelsie, what happened?” Gray asked, I couldn’t do anything, but cry.

“L-Lisanna’s……….s-she’s……….” Natsu stuttered, still staring at us.

“Dead.” I finished, lifting myself up from the ground.

“She, she’s dead?” Gray asked me, I nodded.

“But…….how?” He asked.

“Asked them….” I said, walking away from them. I started walking towards my house, wanting to tell Lindy. When I opened the door, Cana was playing “Go Fish” with Lindy.

“Cana, you might want to go to the guild.” I told her, shutting the door behind me.

“What happened?” She asked me, walking up to me.

“Lisanna’s dead….” I whispered in her ear.

“S-she’s…..” She stuttered, then ran out the door.

“Mommy, what happened?” Lindy asked, I then walked over to her.

“Lisanna is in a “special” place now, that’s all.” I said, kneeling to come eye-to-eye with her.

“When will she come back?” Lindy asked.

“Don’t worry, you’ll see her again, someday…….” I said, starting to cry again.

“Mommy, don’t cry, like you said, she’ll come back!” Lindy said, hugging me tightly.

“And there you go, cheering ME up……” I said, smiling, and hugging her back.

“Lindy, I love you so much, don’t go away like Lisanna!” I said, crying hardly.

“I won’t, mommy, I won’t leave you, I love you too much to leave!” She said, crying with me.

“Now…..do you want to eat, hmm….some cake?” I asked her, wiping my tears away.

“I want cake!” She said, with a bright smile. I set her down in a chair, then went to the kitchen. I remembered how for Lindy’s (presumed) birthday, Erza gave her a giant strawberry cake. Even after all that time, we still had a good portion left of it. I took out a spall plate and a fork, then sliced a piece of cake for Lindy. I handed her the plate of cake.

“Thank you, mommy!” Lindy said, smiling at the cake.

“You’re welcome, now mommy’s going to go now, so don’t get in any trouble!” I said, walking out the door. I walked to the forest, knowing where to find Natsu. I knew how Natsu raised Happy with Lisanna, so I a good feeling where he would be. When I got there, I was correct. Natsu was lying on the ground, at the house that Lisanna and him made together as children. It seemed he made her a private grave near the house.

“Natsu…..I know how hard this is for both of us….” I said, walking up to him.

“We were all so close…..” He said, starting to cry.

“She told me how she loved the sunset here……..” Natsu said, staring at the sky.

“Does Happy know, I mean, she was like a mother to him?” I asked him, sitting next to him.

“I don’t have the heart to tell him, how can tell him that the girl who helped raised him was dead?” He asked, I then grabbed his hand.

“Lisanna loved Happy and Lindy so much, I don’t know how they will take it when they find out she’s dead…” I said, squeezing his hand, tightly.

“At least we still have each other.” Natsu said, sitting back up.

“That’s right…” I said, leaning towards him to kiss him.

“Chelsie, not in front of Lisanna!” He said, pushing me away.

“That’s right, I’m sorry.” I said, softly. Instead of kissing Natsu, I just decided to hug him. For a couple minutes, I sat there, hugging him. I felt like my heart was broken, Lisanna was the closest thing to a sister I had. This was just the beginning of the pain my heart would meet.