| 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟏 ; 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐭

©nanamihours

©nanamihours

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

was it fair to say you wanted to see him badly?

" yes, i'll be home in 10. alright, see you. " you spoke, hanging up after bidding your goodbyes to your husband waiting at home for you. you place your phone back in your bag. turning your heel, you walked past different stores and head towards the exit of the mall. you take a deep breath, seeing that you were tired from the endless shopping you did today for the banquet. your headache only grew worse when you spot numerous sales workers running over to you and decided to ambush you. understanding that it was their way of providing for themselves, you tried your best to not mind them by just shaking your head with a smile.

as you step out, you are only greeted by the ever so familiar city lights. you spot the designated driver he had sent for you. once you get in, a big sigh of relief comes from you. you place the heavy bags of designer brands down. you eyed the marks on your wrist from carrying them for hours. you slump down in the comfy chair and stare out onto the city views. your eyes getting entangled with the passing buildings. everything in the city never fails to amaze you. coming from the countryside, you didn't always see buildings reaching the skies or thousands of people rushing at 5 am to get to work.

that was until your clan decided to marry you off to a successful jujutsu sorcerer.

you proceed to step off the vehicle, your shoes meeting the hard pavement of the garage. you leave the bags for the helpers to bring up, knowing he'd nag you for doing the work you shouldn't be doing. your footsteps echo as you pace to the elevator, you also eye the many cars your supposed lover owns, thinking why would he buy that many only to use 2?

you shake those useless thoughts away as you approach the elevator. pressing the button, you get in. it wasn't long until you arrived on the main floor but it somewhat felt like forever when you're stuck in your thoughts. your palms suddenly felt sweaty, a feeling of uneasiness topples over you. The doors open and you walk in, feeling such a warm but unfamiliar impression from this house.

dead silence fills the air as you dreadfully walk towards the bedroom. your fingers grip the clutch in your hand tight as you took a step into what felt like a lion's den. why were you making such a big deal out of this?

and alas, you see him. after months of not seeing each other. you wanted to look him in the eyes, smile at him. but you knew it would only hurt you more.

" why are you just standing there? " he spoke monotonously, turning around when he noticed your presence. without a doubt, you were more nervous than excited. you blinked quite a few times, " don't mind me, i'll just change and we can go. " you casually smiled.

you walk over to the large mirror and remove every piece of jewelry you wore with utter care. you couldn't describe this worrisome tension between the both of you. you stared forward, continuing what you were doing. it wasn't long until you got caught in your thoughts again.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━