Chapter 1- Meeting the Players

Chapter 1

Oh man. It's Monday. I hate this day. It's the day I have to stay with players all day.

Geez.

I don't get why my parents won't let me stay home. I've been homeschooled before.

****

Here comes the bus. This is where I'll see Player #1. The starter of the players. Everyone else just follows him around to call them Players.

Of course I'm the last one to get on. I always am.

"Hey there Andy," says Mr. Player, the first. "Why don't you sit here?" That's a pretty wide smile on his face.

Too bad. I won't let him play me.

"No thanks," I reply.

"Andrea!" yells my neighbor, McKenzie. I walk over to her. She's one of not many people I trust at this school.

"You turned down Aiden?" she asked when I sat down. "Why?" she said before I could answer.

"Because," I started, "he's a player. I don't like to mess with them or start drama."

"Oh." She was quiet after that. When the bus got to the next bus stop, she said "Guess who I'm dating!"

Uh-oh. Another boyfriend. This'll end in tears. "Who," I ask like I care.

"Ralph!" she answered hyperly. Oh man. Player #2. This'll be interesting.

"Didn't you just dump Player #5 - er, I mean, Nathan?" I ask. It's hard not to call the players by their number. That's how I remember them.

"Well," she started, "yeah but he wasn't enough for me. I like to have fun. He liked to have a lot of fun. The thing is, I didn't want too much fun."

The bus got to the school and we walked to class before the bell rang.

"Baleigh!" Kenzie yelled when our friend Baleigh came.

"Hey guys," Baleigh called. She was wearing shorts today. So was Kenzie. Was it shorts day? Oh man! They told me then I forgot.

"So," Baleigh said. "Guess who I'm going out with!" Baleigh understands the number of the players. It'll be easy to ask her.

 "Player #7!" I shout almost immeditatley. "Er.. I mean Charlie."

"Who's Charlie," Kenzie asked.

"You'll meet him soon enough," Baleigh replied happily.

The bell rang and we had to go our seperate ways. We would see eachother at lunch.

Right now I have first hour with Players 1, 3, and 6. Aiden, Jack, and Johnny.

"Hey Andrea," Aiden comes over to me. "You didn't sit by me on the bus today. I was so lonely-"

I had to stop him. "Wasn't your backpack good company though?"

Jack and Johnny laughed. I groaned.

"Well," Aiden started, "I had-and still have- an important question to ask you." And here is the big life changer, "Will you go out with me?"

I had to think for a really long time. I figured I would, just to mess with him. "Alright," I told him. "I will because I'm nice."

His smile got less confident. "Seriously?" he asked unbelieved. I nodded my head. "Well, now that we're dating, can I have a kiss?" His confident smile came back.

"No," I said. He did a puppy face. I blew him one of those catch-me-if-you-can kisses.

I was really happy when class started. Time away from my 'boyfriend' is all I need.

I was so glad to go to lunch. The lunch is disgusting but I get to talk to Kenzie, Baleigh, and Morgan. I wonder if Morgan is dating a Player too.

"Hey, guys," I say.

"Is it okay if Ralph sits with us?" Kenzie asked.

"And Charlie?" Baleigh asked also.

"Why not?" I approve. Morgan gave me a pleading glare. Her and her grey eyes made me feel bad. Her parents would never let her date until she's out of the house. I wish my parents cared that much.

What happened next is something really stupid that I do NOT want to explain. It was the worst thing that happened at lunch to me EVER. I should've went when I had the chance.