"What's up?" Cassie asks.

"Sadie posted something."

"And?"

"Nothing." I shake my head.

Johnny and I broke up, I shouldn't care who he takes pictures with let alone who he kisses at the waterfront.

"And we're here." Cassie throws the car in park and I take a look around.

"We're gonna take pictures here? There's nothing but a brick wall and some dead grass."

"Well obviously we're not using the grass. Go stand by the wall and look sexy."

"Cassie."

"Alex, just trust me. Give me your phone."

I do as she says and walk toward the red brick wall. I do a couple different poses with various facial expressions. She walks up to me and hands me my phone back. I scroll through the photos and am amazed by what she can do with a brick wall.

"I stand corrected," I say. "Your turn."

She hands me her phone and I snap some pictures for her.

"You're an angel. Ready to get shitfaced?"

"Always." I laugh.

We get back in her car and she enters and address into a maps app on her phone.

"So which football player is throwing this?" I ask as she starts driving.

"Thomas Jenkins."

"Ew."

"Ew? Every incoming freshman has a crush on him."

"Notice how you didn't say seniors?"

"Okay, so he's not the most attractive. But he's very nice. I heard he has a crush on you."

"I heard he's gonna be disappointed."

"Are you ever gonna give a new guy a chance to sweep you off your feet?"

I gave Bryce a chance.

"Not at this party."

"Alex."

"I broke up with Johnny like a minute ago."

"So? Get back out there."

I let out a sigh. "You can't tell anyone what I'm about to tell you."

"Spill."

"Promise you won't tell?"

"Promise, now give me the tea."

"You know how the house next door was up for sale for a while?"

"And it sold."

"Right. To a woman with two kids."

"Okay."

"She has a little girl, Layla, who I babysit."

"I don't see where this is going."

"She also has a son. He's our age."

"And you guys fucked."

"We did. And I'm interested in him."

"Is he interested in you?"

"Yeah."

"So go for it."

"Well, I can't advertise that I'm going for it. Johnny isn't stable enough to see me with someone new."

"Fuck him. He's fucked up too many times to earn one of your fucks to give. Is this new boy gonna be at the party?"