While brushing her tangled hair, she begins thinking about last night, painting, the portrait of the beautiful woman, and how Caius left so abruptly. She had tried asking Demetri about it on the way back to her room, but he just shrugged and didn't answer. She really didn't think that much of it, he was a king after all; he was probably busy.

By the time shes done reminiscing, her hair is knotless and soft. She places the brush back down and leaves the bathroom, not forgetting to flick the light off.

She enters her wardrobe and picks out a simple outfit, some jean shorts and a light blue tank top. She will probably be going outside and it's been scorchingly hot in Italy lately.

Once that's over with, she flops down on her bed and grabs her pencil and notebook, going back to the drawing she had been working on the night before.

Time slips away while she's drawing, it's always been like that. She only notices the time when she looks up and sees the clock on the wall, two hours have already ticked by. Shes about to stand up and head to the hallway, but the door opens.

Aro and Marcus stroll into her room, cloaks flowing gracefully behind them. Aro has a big smile on his lips and Marcus holds the same depressed expression as always.

"Does anyone knock around here?" Jordyn raises an eyebrow at the brothers.

Aro smiles at her, even wider than before and sits at her desk, spinning the chair to face her.

"Hello, Jordyn." His voice is cheerful.

Jordyn smiles back at him, "Hi, Aro," she then looks at Marcus, "Marcus."

He comes out of his deep thoughts long enough to nod at her, then goes back into his own world.

Aro claps his hands together, the sound echoing through out the room, and places them in his lap.

Jordyn turns back to him, "So...what do you guys need?"

Aro takes in an unneeded breath before speaking, "Your bonds with Caius have grown exceptionally, so much progress in only a week."

"Oh, okay. Cool." Jordyn shrugs, trying to hide the smile coming onto her face, happiness bubbling up inside her.

Aro can see Jordyn trying to keep the smile from coming onto her face, making his smile—somehow—grow wider.

He's so happy because Caius had the same reaction earlier in the throne room to the news, though he was better at hiding the smile. It was a reaction he's never really seen on his brothers face.

"Dude, you're kind of creeping me out." Jordyn says, looking at Aros row of shiny white teeth.

Aros smile lessens, it's still wide though, "Sorry, Jordyn," He lightly laughs, then swiftly stands up from the chair, fixing his cloak, "We better be going, it was nice to see you again." He slightly leans forward.

"Bye, Aro, Marcus." Jordyn slightly waves as the two exit the room.

***

ATHENODORA AND SULPICIA sat in almost complete silence the whole day, Athenodora was too upset to speak and Sulpicia was just waiting for her to say something.

She finally did speak, relieving Sulpicia. Dora has never gone this long without talking about something.

"Have things ever felt...off between you and Aro?" Athenodora asks.

"Off? In what way?" Sulpicia raises a dark eyebrow.

Athenodora repositions herself on the sofa, now facing her sister, "Like you aren't as close anymore." Athenodora answers.

Sulpicia immediately grows worried, Athenodora and Caius are not true mates like her and Aro. And they knew that. But the two really did care for each other. She knew this would happen eventually.

"No, never." Sulpicia simply replies, she wasn't going to sugarcoat anything for Athenodora. Shes always straight up with everything.

"I do not know what's happening, Sul." Athenodora sighs.

Sulpicia hums softly, "Perhaps it's nothing. They have all been busy, stressed. Don't stress yourself out as well, Dora."

Athenodora nods her head, slightly relaxing. He's just busy, it's nothing. She kept repeating that to herself.

A small smile comes onto her lips, "Thank you."

Sulpicia always knows how to calm her sister down, she always said it was her gift.

"Of course, sister." Sulpicia smiles back at her.