Helpless || Regina George

Start from the beginning

"Regina?" I flinch, jerked back into reality. Y/n stares at me, seeming a little concerned.

"... Yeah?"

"Um, you zoned out on me." I blink, then apologetically smile at her.

"I did? I'm sorry." She shrugs.

"It's okay. I do that all the time, too." She laughs to herself. "Kinda hard to stay there when someone points it out, huh?"

"I guess."

"So, what was your daydream about, huh?" I cough, running a hand through my hair.

"Nothing." She smiles.

"Didn't look like nothing. You were smiling." I look away.

"It was nothing. I was just zoned out."

"You sure?" I bite my lip, then nod.

"One hundred percent."

"Mm-kay." She pauses, smiling to herself. "But you are blushing, so..."

"I am not," I say, feeling my face heat up even more. She laughs softly.

"Whatever you say." She eyes me for a few seconds. "... You're single?" I nearly choke.

"At the moment, yes."

"Weird. I assumed someone like you would have a lot of choices when it comes to boyfriends." She clears her throat. "Or, y'know, girlfriends." I suddenly feel jumpy.

"Believe me, I do." She nods as if she gets it. "I just don't like any of them."

"Huh." She starts to turn the corner.

"Where are you going? Our classroom's over here." She looks down at the schedule in her hand, then back up at me. I glance at it. "Oh, we're in different classes."

"Yeah." She adjusts her books. "See you around, maybe?"

"Counting on it." She rushes off, probably worried about getting detention. I guess I should be, too, but...

I let out a soft, helpless sigh, smiling to myself. Y/n l/n, huh? I bite my lip to hide the smile on my face as I head to class, resisting the urge to giggle like a fool, ramble to my friends about her, and draw hearts everywhere. I grin, humming as I walk down the hall.

••••
°°°

I sit down in my first-block class, where my teacher tells everyone to get into pairs. I immediately turn to face Regina. Ever since my first day, she's been so nice to me. I don't know what everyone else was going on about. She's great! One thing I will agree with is the fact that she's hot. Extremely.

"Could we work together?" I ask her.

"Of course." I grin.

"Yay!" She smiles. I pull out a pen and a piece of paper, placing it on her desk. At least this subject is enjoyable.

We start to work, and I can't help but notice her gaze is fixated on me whenever I look up. Then she'll look away, and it looks like she's... Blushing? I write down a few more answers as we work through it. My heart is pounding. 

"Um." I glance up at her.

"Yeah?" She chews her bottom lip, then shakes her head, a little more to herself than to me.

"... Nevermind. It's nothing." I tilt my head in curiosity, then shrug it off. If she doesn't wanna share, then I won't pry. I pull my chair closer to her desk to get rid of the awkward angle I put myself in.

"So, North Shore is pretty cool, huh?" I ask. She scoffs.

"Are you kidding?" I shrug.

"Well, it's better than my last school." I bite the end of my pencil, smiling. "So, no, I'm not exactly kidding."

"Oh. Well, in that case, it's great." I give her a grin. She returns it.

"You're a part of what makes it good, Regina." Her hand stops writing.

"... Oh," she says quietly. "Really?"

"Obviously. I think like, everyone agrees." She laughs.

"Believe me, I know." I rub my neck.

"I sure hope you do." I find myself leaning closer in anticipation. "You're so great, Regina."

"Well, not really, I-"

"You are." I'm so close to her now. I've never done anything this bold before. Especially not for someone as powerful as her. "Really." She shifts in her seat, a small smile on her face.

"... Thanks." I reach over, tucking a few strands of hair behind her ear. "Y/n...?"

"I really like you, Regina," I sigh softly. Her eyes widen. "Like, a lot."

"O-Oh, I-" Before I know what I'm doing, I feel her lips on mine. I mean, I've kissed people before, but now I understand the firework thing people talk about. I vaguely process the sounds of alarm from around us. Alarm? Wait, what? I jerk away, feeling my blushing face.

"Oh, shit," I whisper. I spring up, avoiding everyone's calls of surprise as I run to the teacher's desk. "Can I go to the washroom?" Apparently he didn't notice what had happened. Yet.

"Hurry," he says boredly. I hurry out of the room, sliding down a wall around the corner. Did I just kiss Regina George? Oh my God. I put my hands over my face. In front of our whole class? I groan. Way to make an impression. My phone buzzes. It's her. I prepare myself, then unlock my phone.

Where did you go

Washroom

Well come back they're all freaking out

I swallow. Do I apologize? Ask her out? Walk back in and kiss her again?

Sorry.

For what? Kissing me? Y/n, I've wanted that for a while now.

I blink in shock. She wanted to kiss me? I feel a lovestruck grin spread across my face. She wanted to kiss me! I giggle quietly to myself.

GOOD I WAS SCARED

Don't be. But be scared if you don't get your ass back here and help me deal with these people

I don't wanna

Fine, then I guess I'll take someone else out on a date at five on Saturday. Deal?

I suppress a smile as someone walks past me, giving me a weird look. I nod at the guy, then start to type up my response to Regina.

I'll be that someone else

Good. I was hoping you'd say that. But seriously, come back.

Give me a few minutes.

I press my phone to my chest, grinning stupidly. She just asked me out. And I just kissed her. My face burns, but in a good way. I wonder how many people are jealous of me.

I pocket my phone and stand up, turning the corner to walk back to my class with a big smile on my face, ready to be swallowed up by questions and exclamations and threats. But I'll endure it, I guess.

I've got a date with Regina George, after all.