(ARCHIVED)A Looping Nightmare

(Welcome to the second chapter, I made this chapter extra long because it might be like a month before I upload again) (maybe)

Authors notes- there's a preview for the third chapter so make sure you don't skip it

Thanks for reading.

Second chapter prequel: A Looping Nightmare

In Subarus' old world, books, anime, manga, and even fairy tales were based on this fantasy-like setting he stood in. Most people who had watched and read these various stories could only dream of being in a situation similar to Subaru's. These people were referred to as "otakus", who watched and read many different kinds of anime or manga, they had weird fetishes and loved these forms of entertainment a little too much. Like those many "otaku" on earth, when Subaru first appeared in the capital he thought he could become the "savior" of this world, having extreme magic abilities and being "omnipotent" when compared to others. Yet here he was standing around with a worried look on his face after dying around eighty-eight times by a woman named Elsa Granhiert and watching "satella" chase a blond-haired girl named Felt for her insignia for the eighty-ninth time. As you can see, Subaru wasn't very talented nor was gifted anything. He was just your somewhat average person who somehow had the strange ability to come back to life at a certain point in time, no magic, no demigod-like abilities, just this cursed power he named Return By Death.

Op of the chapter:

"I'm gonna save you," Subaru swore to "satella" once again, watching her run off down the street to chase after Felt.

By this point Subaru had tried everything he could think of to defeat Elsa, however, she was on a whole different level compared to Subaru, "satella", Felt, and Old Man Rom. Every time they fought her she played around with their lives until she felt like killing them. This infuriated Subaru; no matter how many plans he made, no matter how many times he memorized her moves, and no matter how many times he tried to train himself to defeat her; she still disemboweled him like butter.

"What the hell man, this woman is becoming an impossible obstacle for me..." Subaru said to himself.

he walked throughout the capital with the sound of passing carts and people of many different races walking past him, while he still wore that familiar tracksuit and sneakers walking past them getting glares from strangers from time to time. "Who knew it'd be this hard though" Subaru thought, reaching into his bag to take out the chips he'd bought from the convenience store before arriving in this world.

'Minus well eat them, so that old man doesn't scam me out of my chips again...' Subaru thought slightly angered, opening and eating the bag of nacho cheese Doritos that always brought joy to him during his late night gaming sessions.(yes I changed the chips, so what?) he almost cried when he ate the last chip from the bag realizing, should this attempt work, he wouldn't be able to eat any more of his favorite snack growing up.

"-I don't have time for this!" subaru said wiping his eyes and throwing his distraction into a nearby river.

'I'm gonna have to ask for some help... I mean they should still have some kind of police in this world right?'

As Subaru continued walking throughout the capitol looking for any sign that there might be a form of law enforcement there, he came across a group of knights that were talking outside a bar.

"Wow that was quick, I didn't expect to find some...Knights?" Subaru thought surprisingly while looking at the swords on each of the knights' waists 'well I guess since this is a medieval-style world there would be knights instead of police...' he thought to himself out of self embarrassment