Chapter 36 - Just stay

Start from the beginning

"If I wanted to have my way with you, I would have done that long ago."

I didn't get to reply because the professor walked in. I had nothing to lose, so I downed the pill with a dry mouth and proceeded to sit through the class.

The pain was bearable thanks to the pill that the girl gave me. I realize that now would be a good time to know her name now that I accepted a drug from her.

As soon as the professor leaves, the whole class gets up to do the same, and the mysterious girl beside me disappears.

I sigh in defeat that my curiosity would have to be answered next week unless I miraculously bump into her before then on campus.

I stand up and start to leave when a piece of paper falls from my lap.

'Taryn Alden.' It read, and I found myself grinning at the thought.

Mi

"I'm telling you; they were the biggest I have ever seen." Jack hollers as we walk into the café, successfully grabbing everyone's attention.

He was describing his last conquest, and for some reason, I would rather listen to Marcel try and compliment a bunch of puppies.

I playfully push him towards a table in the back to prevent getting more than needed attention.

"I mean, they just kept bouncing, and I was pretty glad about that. She was so fucking tight that I swear I felt the circulation to my guy down there cut short." He goes on to continue, not caring about my grimaced expression.

"Don't be such a prude," He rolls up a piece of serviette and throws it at my face.

Living with Jack has had its ups and downs, ranging from his every night hookups to me needing a quiet room to read and make some new lyrics.

I snort in his direction, "I'm glad I got to crash elsewhere last night." I grin.

"Where did you sleep last night anyway?" He furrows his brows at me.

"A friend of mine," I reply vaguely.

The last thing I need is for Jack to have his way with Taryn. The way I see it, she might have her way with him, and I doubt that a bed or condom will be present.

Jack was about to comment on my answer when my temporary roomie walked closer to us dressed in a waitress outfit.

If I knew that she was on her shift, I would not have allowed Jack to come here with me, but it's like they say, there's a first time for everything.

"Welcome to Roxy's café. Can I take your order?" She winks at me before turning her attention to the pen and notepad she held.

This exchange goes over Jack's head because he just sits there and ogles her.

"I'll get you but hold the clothes. Add extra whipped cream and a cherry on top." He smirks as his eyes rake over her form.

I wonder if I am a good friend for contemplating whether to order popcorn. I already know that this will not go down in Jack's favour.

Taryn gives him a tight-lipped smile. But on further observation, I could see the vein on her forehead bulge and don't get me started on the fire that has been ignited in her eyes.

"Tell you what, why don't I give you our special on the house, mm?" She looks at him expectantly.

Jack's eyes light up like a Christmas tree as he nods enthusiastically.