"IDK you yet" Apology Oneshot

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

IDK You Yet (Piano Cover)

1:05  ───|────── 2:53

|◁              II             ▷|

                          ∞            ↺

https://youtu.be/2W7gYFXCwg4

‹Recommended to play the song while reading. The link is just above.›

☯︎

[MODERN AU]

Scaramouche had always maintained a horrible reputation. Even though his grades were unexpectedly high and he had won multiple basketball competitions outside the school, his reputation is something he just can't seem to change.

Though he preferred it that way, fewer people to interact with and fewer people to deal with since even he would concede that he can't keep his mouth shut.

Nonetheless, he was only being honest with them. And that's good, right? Well too honest, yeah, he'd admit. But still.

He can't help but feel lonely sometimes.

Getting up and heading to school was tedious for Scaramouche. To wake up to the tone of his alarm and only spare about a minute to get himself together before starting his day.

He doesn't see a point to it, how his classmates would constantly enter the gates with a smile or come running towards their friends. He always waited outside the gates, but not for a person but for that stray cat that he found interest in since he moved to the school to feed it some of the food that he brought with him for lunch.

Again just like every day, the noise of the bell ringing interrupted his moment of silence. Running to class solely to sit down and glimpse outside the window to watch as the leaves fall from a tree, or to scribble random things on the back of his notebook when the teacher isn't looking.

As much as he hates going to class, there's always something that gets him going and looking forward to the next time it happens.

He doesn't recall when it had started or how it happened since it's been a long time and he can't remember, but the same handwriting was always on the thin piece of paper taped just beside the place where he often placed his bag. It's been a while since he started to claim that spot, and that place was basically his bag's sanctuary now.

Picking up the paper as the size of his pointer finger, he reads the words engraved in it.

You did well.