Why Do I Get... (ARCase)

Start from the beginning

"That's what they all say."

But the barkeep served Jake anyway. One double shot of whiskey quickly turned into two. Jake couldn't stop thinking about that snake and Rue! Then his mind went to other places he didn't want it to.

His time spent with Sallie all those years ago. How many more drinks to go, until he could forget, at least for a moment? Another shot down with a frown, thinking over all the mistakes he'd made raising Josie, and then all the ones regarding Brandy.

He wasn't fit to raise Josie right and she wasn't safe with Sallie in BG. He needed to send her back to the circus with Bea.

Jake drank until the last dime in his pocket was spent until he couldn't think straight or barely sit, on the stool.

The barkeep told him to hit the door, no money, no drinks anymore.

Jake stumbled to his feet, the world started to sway.

Somehow he made his way, back into the direction of the hotel.

He couldn't walk so well.

He fell a few times along the way,

The dizziness just wouldn't go away.

When did the main drag in BG, get so lopsided pondered he?

He grabbed onto whatever he could to get back up to his room. On the way up, he missed a step or two. He laughed until he realized he couldn't find his room key.

Besides, the numbers on the doors were all hard to read. They blurred and all looked the same.

He knocked on a door, "Josie Pie let me in!"

But it wasn't his sister's face who greeted him.

But an angry man, "This ain't your room, you drunk son of a gun. You're going to wake everyone!"