02|𝘉𝘢𝘳 𝘹 𝘖𝘧 𝘹 𝘍𝘢𝘵𝘦

Start from the beginning

He let out a loud belly laugh from his large diaphragm, "You're always a lot of help, you must have some magical powers of some sort."

"You're a silly guy Khan, I'm just good at foraging that's all." Just like most people who know nen, it was your duty to keep it a secret as to prevent ill intentioned people from learning it.

"Whatever you say!" Khan boomed. "You have some tables waiting for you, hop to it miss." He patted you on the back and you went around the bar to take orders. Most customers were hardworking men and women who worked all day at the docks fishing and selling their catches. They loved to stay late at night at the bar and talk as loud as they pleased while sipping on big glasses of icy cold beer. You enjoyed the loud ruckus though, as it always made the place more joyous and attracted more and more people to stop by.

"Refill my cup please!" A man shouted.

"Sure thing!"  You replied

"Can I get two glasses of maple bourbon!" A woman yelled.

"On the double!" You shouted back.

"WOOWEE!" A man whistled. "You look fine!"

You scoffed, "Yeah for me! Not for you sir!" You commented.

The place was full of laughter as everyone chuckled, you fist bumped a lady who respected you for standing up for yourself. You carried a bucket in your hand as you picked up empty glasses and cleared all the tables, it was hard work cleaning everything up but the pay was definitely worth it.

Soon everybody had left and you were busy wiping off the front counter as the darkness of the night blanketed the sky.

"Today was busy, you worked really hard today. You should go home (y/n)." Khan said.

"No I want to close up today, I'll be fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Trust me, I've got it."

The man chuckled warmly, "You really are a strange woman (y/n) .... have a good night."

He walked outside and you continued cleaning as you looked down and scrubbed the mini glasses with a white rag. Suddenly the bell on the door ringed and you spoke, "We're closed."

"Oh, I'm sorry I will be on my way now." The person replied.

But to you that voice sounded familiar and you looked up to see Kite who had a long blue cloak wrapped around him while he headed towards the door to leave.

"Wait!" You blurted out. "You're Kite right?"

"That's correct." He replied.

"Well my name is (y/n), if you don't remember. You stopped by Mito's house looking for Ging."

"I remember." He replied.

"Well, anyone who is a friend of dear old Ging is a friend of mine, come sit." You said.

He nodded and sat down at one of the many stools at the front of the bar where you stood.

"What can I get for you?"

"The merlot please, it's my favorite." Kite answered.

"Ohhh, so you like your wine dark and sweet, me too. How would you like it served?"

"I want the full bottle please."

You nodded and went into the back to grab the wine, you also grabbed a piece of your homemade dark chocolate which you put into a to go bag.

"Here you go." You said as you handed him the treats. "Dark chocolate goes great with wine like that, oh and by the way it's all on the house."

"Thank you." He replied back.

"No problem..... so when do you plan on leaving Whale Island?"

"Tomorrow, at the crack of dawn."

"I bet it will be quite an adventure, to go out into the vast wilderness... to discover new plants, animals, places....."

"Why don't you become a hunter? I feel from your aura that you already have practice in nen." Kite suggested.

"I've always thought about it, I just want more experience. I'm a wee bit gullible since I have never traveled outside of Whale Island. Of course I know about the many different places but it's one thing to know something than experience it."

Kite hummed and spoke, "How about you join me?"

"On your around the world adventure to find one of my long lost friends and learn to become a hunter along the way?"

"Yes." Kite answered.

"Of course, I would love that."

Kite's face suddenly turned serious before he spoke again, "I must inform you that during this test I cannot guarantee your safety, there will be times where you will be put face to face within the site of danger. I want to know if you will be able to handle yourself."

You paused as you thought about the life changing decision you were about to make, all you have ever experienced was the calm and gentle life of Whale Island. You have never been outside this bubble of protection and you stayed ignorant in your own comfort. But you have to break that shell, all you wanted to do in life was care for all but you can't do that if you continue to hide yourself from the world. You wanted to be heard, you wanted to be a voice for all those who needed it, and that was the fuel for your ultimate drive.

"I'm without a doubt nor hesitation prepared for the journey ahead, I promise you that." You stated confidently.

Kite smiled and closed his eyes before he opened them again, "We set out tomorrow at dawn, meet me by the docks."

You nodded and went back to cleaning as Kite watched, you wondered why he was still there as he already got what he wanted. But you brushed it off and continued your last chore which was to mop the floors. You hummed the best you could and swayed the stick of the mop to the melody of the hum. You hopped along your feet all around the floors which got clean in the process. The long haired hunter watched closely at your silly actions, he could tell you were going to be a great asset of joy on his journey.

"Do you like cleaning?" He asked.

You paused and shook your head, "Absolutely not, I just try to make it fun." You sighed and put the mop up and grabbed your bag. "Well I have to close up now." You said.

"I see, let me walk you home." He replied.