Chapter 2: The Cursed School

Start from the beginning

Mina was currently massaging her temples, groaning.

"Ugh, it's been such a long day," she groaned, hoisting herself up off the floor.

Megumi hid it well but he was shocked at the level of cursed energy which came off her. She looked tired and nondescript, save for her unnerving silvery grey eyes, yet how did she have such power? More importantly, how has she not been found by Jujutsu sorcerers already? She appeared to already be in her early twenties.

"By the way, what's that munching on the curse?" the boy who identified himself as Itadori Yuuji asked, pointing at the black and white dogs that were chomping on bits of the curse.

"My shikigami," Megumi replied, not that it made it any clearer to her.

"You can see them then? Normally a curse can't be seen, not unless you are on the verge of death or in special places like this."

She was thoroughly confused as the one called Fushiguro Megumi appeared to be berating the one called Itadori Yuuji. Something about curses and a finger.

"That's the special-grade cursed object, Ryoumen Sukuna's finger."

Yuuji was holding onto the girl and the shrivelled finger in question.

Ew.

"It's a miracle it didn't get swallowed."

"Why would anything eat it? Does it taste good?" Itadori asked curiously.

"Don't be stupid. You'd do it to gain stronger cursed energy. It's dangerous, so hand it over already," Megumi demanded, holding out his hand.

Itadori was about to say something when she sensed a presence coming from above him.

"Itadori watch out!" she yelled, pushing him out of harm's way. Unfortunately, it seemed like Megumi had the same idea.

So now we are both in harm's way. Nice, she thought to herself sarcastically as two giant hands reached down and grabbed both of them in an iron grip.

"Fushiguro! Mina," Itadori yelled as they were slammed through the wall.

She'd definitely broken something, that was for sure. She groaned as she picked herself up from the rubble, hobbling over to where Megumi struggled to rise.

Suddenly another creature shot through the hole they had been thrown through.

The creature looked like a large bug, except it had dozens of eyes and rows of needle-like teeth.

As it turned its attention towards her, fear rooted her to the ground. She hated bugs.

"MINA, MOVE," Megumi yelled as the creature opened its jaws and spat hundreds of spiked objects in her direction.

Instinctively, she raised her arms up to protect herself, clenching her eyes shut for the impact.

The impact never came.

Confused, she opened her eyes, which widened in surprise as the spikes bounced harmlessly off what appeared to be an invisible barrier separating her from them.

She'd never done anything like this before.

"Are these the latent powers he mentioned?" she murmured to herself quietly, tentatively flexing her hands as she felt something within her unlock.

"Mina, what is that?" Megumi asked, staring at the impenetrable barrier she'd just formed. She shrugged.

"I don't know yet."

He looked like he was concentrating, maybe he's trying to summon those dogs again, she thought. He swore suddenly, making her jump.

"Damn it, I can't think straight," he muttered as a trickle of blood ran down the side of his temple.