chapter 15

A/N: Okay but the picture made me giggle.

WARNING: Minor panic attack

When you all get your results back for the recent exams that you sat, you get your usual rank of third place - which you have no problem with. You just check your grades, fold up the paper and then put it straight into your bag, too distracted to check each of your marks properly.

The parent-teacher meetings had been arranged for that day, so you'd been worried about if your mother would be able to manage the journey to and from school alone. Since she's still quite weak, she never really goes out by herself, always going with you if she needs to go somewhere.

When you asked her if she was sure she felt okay with travelling alone, it took a lot of convincing on her part for you to agree to her doing the journey by herself, but you were still really worried from the moment she'd texted you telling you she had left home to head to your school.

It's lunchtime when you receive a second text from your mother to tell you she had arrived at school, so you run to the gate to collect her. When she sees you she taps your cheek lightly in greeting, and you scrunch your nose cutely and grin in response, linking your arm with hers to guide her towards the school.

You walk to the teacher's office while you chat with her, waiting outside when you arrive since your teacher is still conversing with Jugyeong's mother. When she walks out angrily after a few minutes, you tap her arm.

She turns to you happily, already feeling the anger subside at the sight of your adorable smile. Your teacher calls your mother in at this point, so you wait outside for her while talking to Jugyeong's mother.

"I'll help Jugyeong study, don't worry auntie," you reassure her, and she smiles at you thankfully. You see Jugyeong running towards her mother - probably panicking about how the meeting went since her grades weren't great - but you wink at her, as if to tell her that you already have it sorted.

She sighs in relief and quickly runs away so her mother doesn't notice her, and you wait outside the office for your mother to finish speaking with your teacher. You're curious about what they're saying, but from the smiles on their faces it doesn't seem like there's anything to worry about.

When your mother walks out you bow politely to your teacher with a smile before holding onto your mother's arm to help her walk back to the school gate.
"Text me as soon as you get home, okay?" you worriedly tell her. She cups your cheek with a smile and agrees.

"I'll be fine," she reassures you when she sees the pout on your face. You watch her walk until she's no longer in sight, before turning around and walking back to school with a sigh. I should probably get something to eat, you think to yourself as you begin walking towards the cafeteria.

While you were walking with your mother towards the gate, Chorong and the rest of Seojun's friends had been watching.
"Hey, is that Y/N's mum?" Chorong asks, gaining Seojun's - and the other boys' - attention. They all watch as you smile at something your mother says, holding onto her arm as you slowly walk towards the gate of the school, and all Seojun can think about is how pretty your smile is.

"She looks a little unwell, I hope she's okay," Manshik says worriedly, the rest of the boys humming in agreement at his words. Seojun notices the way you worriedly watch your mother leave, and it makes him sad to see a pout on your face once she's gone.

Just after you finish eating with your friends you get up to put your tray away, at which point your phone pings to signal that you've received a message. You scramble for your phone which is in your pocket, and see that it's a message from your mother to tell you that she had arrived home safely. You let out a sigh of relief before heading back to class in time for your next lesson of the day.

You decide to take Jugyeong shopping after school, in the hopes that it would cheer her up after her mother's parent-teacher meeting. You know she's frustrated about her grades, and she's also guilty for not doing well since you've really been trying your best to help her study recently, but you reassure her that you would continue to help her and that it isn't something she should be feeling guilty about.

You decide to take her out to buy some makeup, since she mentioned to you that she was running low on some of her cosmetics. The two of you are looking around the store when you suddenly bring up her crush on a certain boy.
"So how's Suho?" you ask nonchalantly, not looking up from the eyeshadow palette that you'd picked up.

You try your best to hide the smile that's threatening to appear when you see her head snap towards you out of the corner of your eye, unable to stop yourself from smirking when you look up and see how flustered she is. "It's really obvious, you know." Her cheeks redden at your words.

She stammers for a few seconds, before she lets out a smug smile of her own when she thinks of something.
"You mean like how obvious you are about your crush on Seojun?" Her smile drops when she sees the way your body tenses completely at her words and you start to freak out.

You don't know why, but you start to feel your throat constricting and your breathing quicken at her words. You thought you were finally beginning to get used to the fact that you like Seojun by this point, but for some reason hearing it out loud causes your emotions to go crazy, and you panic all over again.

"Y-Y/N! What's going on?" She scrambles to help you, but she doesn't know what to do. She's too afraid that it'll make you panic more if she touches you, so she just tries her best to comfort you through her words instead. You calm down within a few seconds, taking a deep breath before looking up into her worried eyes and trying to force a smile.