chapter 8

A/N: Triple update?! HEHE I HOPE YOU ENJOY, YOU GUYS DESERVE IT! :)
Also, you might want to prepare your hearts for this one (sorrynotsorry) *evil smile* OKAY OKAY NOW ENJOY!
P.S. Comments are greatly appreciated, it motivates me to keep writing <3

You turn to walk down the alleyway by Jugyeong's house to begin your journey home, pausing when you realise you don't have your blazer. You didn't wear it after school and had just been holding it on the way to her house, so you'd forgotten to pick it up before leaving.

You turn and walk back to Jugyeong's house, and her mother answers the door a few seconds after you knock. She smiles when she sees you, and you smile at her apologetically.
"I'm really sorry but I think I left my blazer in Jugyeong's room." She nods in understanding and ushers you back into the house, calling out for Jugyeong to come downstairs.

You wait patiently in the hallway of their house, smiling when you see her walking down. When you see her bare face, you're a little shocked but otherwise unfazed. She widens her eyes when she sees you, gasping because she had only taken off her makeup a few minutes earlier, before bolting up the stairs in panic.

You glance at her mother before following after her, and when you reach the top of the stairs you see her standing at the balcony of her house. Her shoulders are slumped in defeat at the fact that her secret's out, and she's just looking up at the sky sadly.

"It doesn't bother me." She turns when she hears your voice and sees the reassuring smile on your face, but remains silent. She moves back around to rest her arms on the railing, not knowing where to start. You walk over to stand beside her, looking up at the stars. "You should know by now that I don't care about things like that, I'm not that shallow," you tell her softly.

She explains her story after your encouraging words. She tells you about how she was bullied for her appearance in her previous school, and she had to leave and move to this town. Wearing makeup saved her. You listen to her story intently, your heart breaking at the pain she must've gone through.

"Jugyeong," you grab her hand when she finishes telling you about her past, squeezing it gently to gain her attention, "I'm still going to be your friend if that's what you're so afraid of. I don't hate you," you say before bringing her into a hug and rubbing her back to comfort her, "I won't tell anyone either, because I know it's important to you. I understand."

You know that the people at Saebom are much nicer than any other school you had been to throughout your life, but you respect her wishes. She's been through a lot, so you can understand how tough it must be for her to even go to school each day - you know better than anyone what it feels like to be bullied for something that's completely out of your control.

You lean away from the hug for a moment to get a good look at her face. "Besides, you're still pretty either way," you say, and your words cause her to finally let out a smile.

The following day you walk through the corridors with Jugyeong, Sua and Soojin, trying to cheer Sua up. She's upset about the fact that Taehoon has seemingly forgotten about their hundredth day together, so you all try to console her as you walk to your homeroom class.

She didn't have the energy to walk around the school grounds or go outside like you normally do after eating your lunch at the cafeteria, instead just wanting to go to class early and sulk at her desk.

She enters the class before the rest of you with a pout on her face, but it changes to a shocked expression when she sees the state of the room. You look around at all of the decorations in the classroom as you walk in with Jugyeong and Soojin, smiling knowingly at one another.