Chapter 7

Harvey's pov:

It was Thursday and I was once again waiting for Piper outside her house, this time I could hear her parents arguing, she said she wasn't bothered by it but I hoped she really was okay, I'd never known anyone like her and she was just so awesome and an amazing best friend, I hated how she doubted herself, I wished she didn't and I wanted to make her aware of how much of ana amazing person she was.

When she walked out of her house she looked a lot more tired than usual,

"Hey,"

"Hi,"

"You okay?"

"Yeah," she mumbled. "What about you and Max? You've sorted your shit out?"

"Yeah, we're fine now," 

"That's good," she smiled. Sometimes, I wish I knew what people were thinking.

"What you thinking about, rain-boy?"

"Nothing," I smiled.

We finally got to school and saw Dobby.

"Hi guys," he greeted us.

"Hi, Dobby," Me and Piper said at the same time.

We walked to our form class and then it was time for our first lesson of the day, it was English, it wasn't bad just boring and then second we had Maths again, boring, and then me and Piper had another a free period.

We made our way to the library and sat down,

"Can I pick the book we're gonna read?"

"Okay, sure," I flicked through a few books before picking up one called 'Flawed'.

We red for an hour and the book was really good but I couldn't help but get this strange feeling off Piper, she seemed a little 'off', I'll talk to her at lunch, I thought to myself.

When it was lunch, me and Piper made our way to the same table as always and sat down, none of the boys were here so I decided to talk to Piper.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine,"

"Are you sure? It's just that you've been a little bit off today,?"

"No, honestly, I'm fine,"

"You can talk to me you know,"

"I know,"

"Then why aren't you?"

"Because I'm fine," 

"No you're not. I just want to help,"

"You can't help,"

"Then tell me what's up,"

"Okay." "It's just-"

"Hey, guys," Tom cut her off as he sat down, followed by Dobby, Max and Nathan.

"Tell me at the end of school," I whispered to Piper and she nodded.

☆☆☆☆☆

It was the end of the school day and me and Piper made our way out of school and started walking home,

"So are you going tell me what's up?"

"It's just that I didn't get much sleep last night,"

"You expect me to believe that?" And she shrugged her shoulders.

"Look," "Piper, I'm here for you, I promise, I want to help you just tell me what's up,"

"I would but... I'm scared,"

"Scared? Scared of what?"

"That you'll be like the rest,"

"Like Jamie?" 

"I guess,"

"I promise, I won't treat you like everyone else did, you're my best friend and I want you to be happy, I don't like seeing you sad, rain-girl, you can tell me, you can trust me,"

"Okay." "Umm...it's my umm...parents,"

"Your parents?"

"Yeah they argue all the time and it's like they don't care about me, I hate hearing them shout all day but they don't care,"

"Of course they care," this seemed worse than I thought.

"Yeah right,"

"Look it's normal for them to argue, they'll be okay soon,"

"But it's been nearly a year,"

"A year is a long time,"

"Exactly,"

"Why don't you try talking to them?"

"Because I'm scared,"

"Why?"

"That they won't listen and carry on arguing and sometimes I feel like it's my fault,"

"It's not you're fault, it's just a grown-up thing, just try talking to them, they're your parents, they love you, they should definitely listen, Pips,"

"Pips?"

"It felt right?" Piper smiled and it made me so happy.

"Harvey?"

"Yeah,"

"Thanks,"

"For what?"

"For being my best friend." Just then it started it started raining lightly and I could tell Piper loved it.

"You know the rain is romantic?" I joked with her.

"What are you trying to say?" 

"Oh, nothing," I smirked and she just rolled her eyes. Of course I don't like Piper in THAT way, I just wanted to joke around a little.

Just as the rain started getting heavier, not that we minded, we arrived at her house, we could hear her parents shouting and I really didn't want to be in her position.

"You'll talk to your parents?"

"Yeah, I will," she looked pretty anxious.

"You'll be okay,"

"Thanks," Piper said and hugged me, giving me a warm feeling.

"I'll see you later," I waved at her.

"See you," she waved back and I watched as she walked into her house. I hoped she was going to be okay, I hated seeing her like this, hopefully it'd be all okay.

I walked home in the rain, thinking about my best friend, she was really brave and I just wanted to see her happy, she deserved happiness and after what she told me about her past-life, she'd been through a lot. I knew she'd be okay because she'd always have me, no matter what happens I'm not ditching my best friend, she makes me happy and I want to make her happy.

Then I thought it was a best friend feeling but that feeling started growing, little by little, each and every day and I realised what it was.

********

Hope y'all enjoy :)