One

"Bella... Bella... Bella!"

          " Huh?" Arabella snapped awake, her eyes tired. " You better wake up before you bloody sleep all day," Ron jokes, throwing a pillow at the girl," mum made breakfast." Arabella pushes the covers off her bed and stood to her feet, "your mum is to good to be true, Ronnie." A large smile spreads across Ron's face, showing his white teeth. A tired groan slips from Arabella's lips as she sits back on the bed. " Come on now, it's going to get cold," Molly shouts from downstairs. " I would be down there if Bells wasn't so tired!" Ron yells in response to his mother, gaining a laugh from the girl. She pushes her hands down to the bed and stands to her feet. Ron cracks a smile grabbing the girls hand and pulling her into a hug, his head resting on hers. " Are you heading back to your place before we go back to Hogwarts?" Ron asks, nestling his head onto hers. "No, I don't think I am," Arabella responds, " I don't see the point there are only a few weeks left in summer."  Ron smiles, still hiding his face from Arabella. " Come on, let's go downstairs before we're killed by Molly," Arabella laughs, pulling back from the hug. As the two walk out of the room, Ron slips something into his pocket, a small box he intends to give the girl. " Freddie, Georgie!" Arabella chirps, rushing down the stairs. She practically jumps from the stairs into Fred's arms, a hug he gladly accepts. " Somebody is happy and awake," Fred laughs, tightening on the hug. Fred and George are practically Arabella's older brothers. Other than Ron, they were by far the closest two she had in the Weasley Family. " Come on, sit down, you're food is going to get cold," Molly rushes, frantically whisking herself around the room, plopping eggs onto each of the plates. " How was the first part of your summer, Arabella?" Ginny asks, taking a bite of her food. 

          Following breakfast, Ron and Arabella head out to the fields to hunt for nifflers. " Hey, Bells?" Ron asks, stopping and reaching into his back pocket to grab the small box from earlier. " Yes, Ronnie?" The girl asks, standing to her feet and looking back at Ron. She notices the small box and smiles slightly. " I wanted to give you this before Hermione and Harry got here, and before we go back to school," Ron explains, handing the box to Arabella. She examines the box, it was dark blue and velvet. Her hands run along the top before she opens it, the jewelry inside wrangling around. Once the box is open, a beautiful charm bracelet is revealed. " Oh, Ron," she sighs, stammering at the beautiful jewelry. " The charms are all connected to things that we've done. The sorting hat is about when we first met on our first day at Hogwarts, the wand is when we went to olivanders together..." Arabella zones out listening to Ron talk about the bracelet as she slips it onto her wrist. She soon zones back in," and the heart..." Ron pulls a necklace out from under his shirt," the heart represents us, two halves of a whole. It matches mine." Arabella looks up, her eyes connected with Ron's as a smile spreads across their faces. " Thank you, Ronnie. I love it, really," she says, walking closer to him and putting her half of the heart to his necklace. " I had to get Harry to help me buy it, I'll owe him until we're gaffers," Ron laughs, awkwardly scratching the back of his head. Arabella purses her lips, smiling at Ron, " That doesn't make me love it, or you, any less." The two look at each other, soft smiles forming on their faces. She slowly slides the bracelet onto her arm, Ron proud of the gift he'd bought her. 

     " Harry and Hermione are coming in next week, they're going to spend the last week of summer with us," Ron explains, the two walking back towards the Burrow. " Yeah?" Arabella responds, a questioning voice coming across. " Yeah," Ron hums in response. " It will be good to see them, we can all get back in the swing of things before heading back for the year," the girl smiles, looking over to Ron. Ron returns the smile as the two continue on inside. " Let us see," You hear Fred say as the two of you walk in, George finishing the sentence, " We know he gave it to you." Arabella shoves her arm forward, Fred grabbing her hand so the two can look at the bracelet. " Wicked," Fred laughs. " Who'd you kill for the money to buy it?" George asks Ron. " Shove off, " Ron laughs, " Harry helped me buy it." Arabella wonders off from the boys, looking for Ginny. She wonders up the multiple sets of stairs, peaking her head into Ginny's room. " Ginny?" She says quietly, creaking the door open wider. " Arabella? What's brought you up here?" Ginny questions, closing her book and standing from her bed. " I was wondering..." Arabella starts, leaning against the door as she thinks, " does- do you think Ron like... likes me?" A laugh escapes Ginny's mouth and she instantly covers her laugh with her hand. " Oh Arabella, don't think I'm laughing at you but the idea of that is ghastly," Ginny walks over to Arabella, " You're his best friend." She motions to a moving picture of the two hanging in the stairwell. Arabella replays the words "best friend" in her head, what that meant for the two of the. She'd suspected for awhile now if the possibility of Ron liking her more than he let on was far greater than not. Is that how he felt? Is that how she felt? How did she feel? 

     After leaving Ginny's room and heading back to the one she shared with Ron, she grabbed her journal. The room was empty, which gave her the time she needed. Alone with her thoughts, Arabella put a pin to paper and let her hand go. Little did she know, she was writing the first of many letters that would go unsent, never to be read by the very person they're addressed too. And little did she know, this wouldn't be the first time she'd question where the line between friendship and love lies for Ron and herself. 

     𝑅𝑜𝓃𝓃𝒾𝑒,

𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒾𝓈 𝑜𝒹𝒹. 𝐻𝑜𝓌 𝒹𝑜 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓌𝓇𝒾𝓉𝑒 𝒶 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝓁𝑒𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝑜 𝓈𝑜𝓂𝑒𝒷𝑜𝒹𝓎 𝓎𝑜𝓊'𝓇𝑒 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃 𝓈𝓊𝓇𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒? 𝐸𝓈𝓅𝑒𝒸𝒾𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝓌𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝓎𝑜𝓊'𝓇𝑒 𝒶𝓈 𝒸𝓁𝑜𝓈𝑒 𝒶𝓈 𝓌𝑒 𝒶𝓇𝑒. 𝐼 𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓈𝑜 𝑒𝓍𝒸𝒾𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓎𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒 𝐼 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝓀 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝑜𝒻 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝐼, 𝓉𝑜𝑔𝑒𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇. 𝐵𝓊𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒾𝓈, 𝐼 𝓈𝑒𝑒 𝓊𝓈 𝓉𝑜𝑔𝑒𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝒶𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓃𝒹𝓈. 𝒜𝓉 𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝐼 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝓀 𝐼 𝒹𝑜. 𝒜𝓃𝒹 𝐼'𝓂 𝒻𝒶𝒾𝓇𝓁𝓎 𝒸𝑒𝓇𝓉𝒶𝒾𝓃 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓈𝑒𝑒 𝓊𝓈 𝒶𝓈 𝓂𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓃. 𝐼'𝓂 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝓆𝓊𝒾𝓉𝑒 𝓈𝓊𝓇𝑒 𝒽𝑜𝓌 𝓉𝑜 𝒶𝓅𝓅𝓇𝑜𝒶𝒸𝒽 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓈𝒾𝓉𝓊𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓎𝑜𝓊. 𝐼 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝓉𝑜 𝒽𝒶𝓃𝒹𝓁𝑒 𝒾𝓉 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓌𝑒 𝓊𝓈𝓊𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝓌𝑜𝓊𝓁𝒹. 𝒯𝑜𝑔𝑒𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇. 𝐵𝓊𝓉 𝓈𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝑒𝓁𝓁𝓈 𝓂𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒾𝓈 𝒻𝒶𝓇 𝓉𝑜 𝒹𝑒𝓁𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓉𝑒 𝑜𝒻 𝒶 𝓈𝒾𝓉𝓊𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝒹𝑒𝒶𝓁𝓉 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉. 𝐸𝒾𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝓌𝒶𝓎, 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓉𝑒𝓁𝓁. 𝐹𝑜𝓇 𝓃𝑜𝓌, 𝒷𝑒𝓈𝓉 𝒻𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓃𝒹𝓈 𝓌𝑒 𝒶𝓇𝑒.

𝒴𝑜𝓊𝓇𝓈 𝒯𝓇𝓊𝓁𝓎,

𝒜𝓇𝒶𝒷𝑒𝓁𝓁𝒶 𝐿 𝒢𝓇𝑒𝑒𝓃𝓌𝒶𝓉𝑒𝓇

----

A/N

You're not alone :)