[5] - 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘶𝘱 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦...

Start from the beginning

• • •

THE TWO GENIUSES examined their lab. Bruce spoke to Tony, "All our work is gone. Ultron cleared out. He used the Internet as an escape hatch."

"Ultron." Steve repeated.

"He's been in everything. Files, surveillance. Probably knows more about us than we know about each other." Natasha explained.

Y/N walked closer towards the group, "He's in our files, he's in the Internet. What if he decides to access a little something more exciting?"

"Nuclear codes." Maria chimed in.

"Nuclear codes." Y/N repeated.

Rhodey was crossing his arms. He still felt the aching in his back from falling through a window.

"We need to make some calls, if we still can." Rhodey said.

"Nukes? He said he wanted us dead." Natasha remarked.

Steve turned to her, "He didn't say dead, he said extinct."

"He also said he killed somebody." Clint remembered.

Y/N shrugged, "There wasn't anyone else in the building."

Tony walked over to a console, "Yes, there was."

Tony queued up a hologram, showing a mixture of orange and blue. It showed that Ultron's programming destroyed J.A.R.V.I.S.

"This is insane." Bruce remarked.

Steve looked down, "Jarvis was our first line of defense. He would have shut Ultron down. It makes sense."

Bruce was still eying the hologram. "No. Ultron could have assimilated Jarvis. This isn't strategy. This is rage."

"What the hell are we dealing with here?" Y/N asked.

Thor came into the lab, wearing his full armor and cape. He walked up to an unaware Tony and grabbed him by the neck.

"Come on, use your words, buddy." Tony struggled in the demigod's grasp.

"I have more than enough words to describe you, Stark." Thor replied.

Steve walked up to the pair, "Thor. The Legionnaire."

Thor dropped Tony, still staring daggers into him. "Trail went cold about 100 miles out, but it's headed north. And it has the scepter."

Y/N rubbed his face, of course the one thing the Avengers didn't want in an enemy's hands is in the enemy's hands.

"Now, we have to retrieve it. Again." Y/N spoke.

Helen Cho decided to speak up, "I don't understand...", she turned to Tony, "...you built this program. Why is it trying to kill us?"

Tony turned to another console, and began to chuckle. Bruce was beside him, confused.

Thor was getting annoyed, "You think this is funny?"

Tony turned around. "No. It's probably not, right? This is very terrible. Is it so...", he laughs again, "It is. It's so terrible."

"This could've been avoided if you hadn't played with something you don't understand." Thor remarked.

"No. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. It is funny. It's a hoot that you don't get why we need this." Tony started to get more serious.

Tony began to explain how he purposely didn't create a murder-bot, and was working with Bruce on creating an interface. He mentioned how the Chitauri invasion three years ago opened his eyes.

"We're the Avengers. We can bust arms dealers all the livelong day but that up there, that's..." he pointed up, "That's the endgame."

Tony cleared his throat, "How were you guys planning on beating that?"

Steve walked up to Tony, "Together."

"We'll lose."

"Then we'll do that together, too."