𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑬𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

"(Y/N)" Hina called out my name as she stared at us in shock, probably not expecting to see us together. She didn't get a chance to say anything as mum pushed her out the way so she could see me. Mum glared at Kuroo before her eyes landed on me, she studied me, checking to see if I was okay before stepping aside, "get inside, now." Mum yelled at me as I looked down to the ground, not even saying goodbye to Kuroo. Once I was near the door mum grabbed my wrist tightly, dragging me inside before slamming the door shut.

Mum let go of me as she raised her hand before swinging it across my face, leaving a stinging feeling on my left cheek. That was gonna form a bruise. I was in complete shock, she had hit me for the first time in my life. Even my sister was surprised at mum's violent behaviour, mum was kind and caring that we didn't think she would ever put a hand on us. But I guess we were wrong, I pushed her over the edge. Tears began to threaten to fall but not because of the pain, but because I never knew she would do something like this.

It didn't seem like she cared as my hand held onto my cheek, "where have you been?" she demanded me, but mum didn't give me a chance to speak as she spoke again "were you fooling around with that boy?" She narrowed her eyes at me as I shook my head. Taking my sketchbook out of my bag as she once again shouted at me, "answer me!" I dropped the book to the ground at the sudden loud shout. Following after it as I felt her intense glare on me, I hurriedly flipped through the pages before pointing at the new additions. "I just went to draw" I cried as she snatched the book and walked outside and threw it in the bin.

I followed after her, trying to save all my work but Hina grabbed onto my waist. "Don't. It'll be worse if you get it now" she whispered into my ear, but I ignored her as I carried on struggling in her grip. "Do you find it fun not telling anyone where you were? Do you find it funny not answering any of our calls and messages?" She screamed at me, not caring if the neighbours could hear. "Because you would've come with me" I quietly said as I stopped struggling, but the tears wouldn't stop.

Mum nodded her head, not seeing the problem I had with it, "yes I would have. What if something happened to you?" She took a pause as she squeezed her nose, attempting to calm herself down. Hina let go of me as tears formed in mums eyes, "would I get a call telling me you were dead?" She screamed at me, in between cries.

"I just wanted to be a normal teenager for once in my life" I stood up for myself for the first time in my life. Usually, I would just do what I was told, but my eyes have finally been opened. I'm not even living for myself anymore, I'm living for others, and that's not how it should be.

Mum rolled her eyes at me, "well you are not and you never will!" she spoke the painfully truth but as I wiped my tears before forming my hands into fists in frustration, "I already know that!" I glared at her before turning around and running up the stairs. Slamming my door as I began throwing things, turning my room into a mess. Falling down to the ground in the corner of my room, pulling my knees against my chest as I quietly cried to myself.

Hearing my notification from my phone, I grab it from inside my pocket. I forgot I turned my wifi back on. It was the volleyball group chat that one of the boys made.

Yaku- can everyone send the photos they took.

Soon everyone began sending their photos, I didn't take any, so I just looked at all the pictures. Letting out a small laugh at all the idiot's silly selfies. However, there was one picture that caught my eye. Kai had sent a photo of me and Kuroo with our heads resting on each other while we slept. Smiling softly as I saved it to my phone as well as the rest of the pictures they sent. Snuggling more into Kuroo's coat as his scent suffocated me but in a good way. It was like he was comforting me.