The voice continues, 'I gave you my shirt to avoid any temptations. But just as I was going to take you home, I could hear footsteps closing in. I knew the area belonged to the Shadow Creek Pack. I figured that you were home, that you belonged there. I was going to come back for you after I got permission from the alpha...'

I had no idea how this conversation was going to play out, but this is not what I envisioned. The voice sounds mad but distraught. I find myself wanting to hear more.

There it is, the dejavu feeling again. He thought I was part of Ethan's pack, a werewolf.

His voice turns serious.

'When you started asking me questions and continued your charade in our first dream encounter, I began to put the puzzles pieces together. You are HUMAN. I could not believe I was paired with such weakling. No wonder you would go to the Shadow Creek territory. A bunch of human-ass kissing sympathizers...'

Did he just diss me?

This man does not think highly of Ethan's pack.

'But, I thought, who cares? Your still good to have fun with. I knew I was going to have to go back to get what's mine. Now, you are contacting me, claiming to know everything and still have the audacity to talk to me like the way you are talking to me.'

He gets louder, anger rising in his tone.

'Better yet, why would the Shadow Creek Pack let you in? They cherish secrecy. They would never let someone in so easily. It makes no sense. I felt something last night and earlier today. I can feel you less... so tell me... *hears loud breath sounds*... who is touching my MATE?!?!'

I wonder if I heard the voice right. I cannot be his mate. Ethan and Crystal assured me, one mate per person. This person is mistaken, he has to be, I hope. My head is spinning.

I glance at the mark. He marked me thinking I am his. I know now that he is not a werewolf from Ethan's pack. But he wants me...

He found out I am human, and his expressions changed when he referred to me as a human. He does not like humans. Yet, he wants me...

I think in his words. He said he sensed me less. I wonder if he is aware that I am attempting to get rid of the mark.

I start to feel a sense of guilt over an individual who finds me, a human, repulsive. This is despicable.

I complain, 'well, that was a long story. Your right. First, I am a human, and this human couldn't care less about you. I am not your mate. Second, the Shadow Creek Pack is strong and their stance on matters are admirable. Their alpha is strong, stronger than just a mere lone wolf.'

He chuckles.

'A mere wolf you say... your choice is irrelevant. You are mine. Even if you are a lame human, I get to do with you as I please.'

I got tired of his condescending tone. I can no longer keep myself calm.

Without thinking, I say, 'I would like to see you try. I belong to Alpha Ethan.'

Silence fell again. I waited for about five minutes for a response, but it felt like an eternity.

I take the time I wait to think. I am amazed the whole interaction is happening in my mind. I feel him so near, like I can visually see the hooded man with blue eyes. His face still a mystery.

'Does your alpha know you are talking to me? I bet he does not. Any alpha, passive or not, resents sharing. Perhaps, he knows and is indifferent. Your just his plaything, a pet. He would only take his mate seriously. I won't let anyone play with what's mine.'

I want to tell him off. To tell him, I am Ethan's mate but can tell he will never believe me. He is adamant I am his.

I respond, 'who says I care if he plays with me? Anyone is better than you.'

I hear a loud growl echo in my head. I am shivering in fright.

'Remember my name, Joshua Evans. I will come for you soon. You will regret everything you said, baby.'

'Stop calling me baby. Its Lilly, you psycho. You do not get to treat me bad and keep calling me baby. It's disgusting.'

My blood is boiling.

His last words are, 'I'll see you soon.'

My heart slows as I feel the mind link cut. At first, I was saying hello repeatedly in my head. When there was no response, I was sure the link was cut.

Ugh, what an asshole.

I try to calm myself. This individual is not worth me getting riled up. He is not what I expected but I do not care. All I wanted was answers, and I got them.

Joshua thinks I am his mate, but I know I cannot be. I refuse. I am Ethan's, not his.

This conversation was needed to get answers for the group, that was all. I can care less.

I wish my heart would stop racing already. I go to the restroom to wash my face with cold water to cool down.

When I look up in the mirror, I see the mark. It appears darker to me, but I am unsure whether my paranoia is getting the best of me.

I took a second look, and it is darker. I look for ways to hide my mark.

I cannot tell Ethan about my interaction with Joshua. He would lose control, especially after informing him the contents of the conversation.

I think back on his threat. Joshua said he will come for me. There is no way he can.

I am safe. I am safe. I am safe.

Ethan has a whole pack. Joshua will not be able to get to me alone.

I start to feel at ease once more.

I am determined to never contact Joshua again or think in him. I am going to be happy with Ethan; he is my only mate. He is who I accept.

After my conversation with Joshua, I fell asleep.

The next couple of days are so calm. I spend my mornings with Crystal. Josh and Ethan have pack duties in the morning. We would catch up with them in the afternoons.

I have been checking in regularly with my mom. I managed to convince my mom to let me stay the whole summer. This is the first time we were apart for a long period of time, but I could not help feeling my current place is to be with Ethan and my friends.

My mother understands. I am sure she must feel alone but I make sure to call her whenever I get a chance. I remind her she is loved just as I am by her.

Now, I can be with Ethan 24/7. Each day, I learn more and more about their world.

I have not spoken to Joshua. Unfortunately, the mark he left me is still present. I have been moving along with my relationship with Ethan, but the mark will not go away.

I am not thinking of Joshua. I am not thinking of our next conversation.

These are lies.

I am constantly thinking in him. I am terrified Joshua will take me from my current happiness, that is all.

I keep covering my mark. Ethan never tries to push me to show him the mark. He respects my boundaries.

Two weeks pass, and everyone is getting ready for the lunar party.

The lunar party happens once a year. Packs from across gather and throw a killer party. The purpose is to help their unmated individuals find their match.

Crystal informs me that sometimes one's mate can belong to a different pack. They gather in hopes of helping these individuals.

I am beyond excited to go. Mr. and Mrs. Adams called in the elders to the gathering. We were all hoping to get answers, especially me.

I really hope I am not letting Ethan astray. If all goes well, Ethan will present me to everyone as his Luna. This is going to be our perfect night. Nothing will go wrong...

----------

Thanks for reading. How is your day?