Grogu was a fast learner, and was incredible at reading emotions, making it difficult for (Y/n) to hide her own from her new padawan. Every time she saw Obi-Wan, her heart clenched, yet she made no effort to speak with him, no matter how many times he approached her.

Anakin, however, she could talk to. He had noticed how much she had drawn away from his former master. One day he approached her in the hallways.

"Hey, Anakin." (Y/n) said.

"Hi, (Y/n). I need to speak with you." he said, confusing her. He motioned for her to follow her.

"Anakin, what is it?" she asked. He entered an empty room and she followed, closing it behind them.

"(Y/n), I know." Anakin said

"You-You know what...?" she played off, horribly.

"I know the signs. You're in love with him."

"Anakin..." (Y/n) warned.

"Look, I won't tell anyone, I swear it, but you need to get your act together." Anakin told her, firmly but softly.

"Anakin, I- Its- he's-" (Y/n) tried, but sighed. "Obi-Wan lives and breathes the Jedi Code. I can't-I can't do anything about this."

"I know the struggle, (Y/n), believe me." Anakin said, making her look up at him in confusion. He brushed it aside. "But you and Obi-Wan have been through far too much together."

"Im sorry, Anakin. It just isn't what it used to be." (Y/n) said, walking out of the room. Anakin followed her, knowing their conversation was over.

Walking through the halls, (Y/n) didn't realize that Obi-Wan was attempting to catch up with her. Walking into her room, she locked the door, not feeling like talking with anyone right now. She had already given Grogu his lesson. She took off the Evenstar and set it on her nightstand, her lightsaber right next to it. The clash of the two parts of her life were literally displayed in front of her.

R3 rolled up next to her and leaned up against her leg, beeping sympathetically. She pat him on the head and sighed, but her thoughts were broken when someone knocked on the door. Nobody spoke, it was just a knock. Dragging her feet, she made towards the door. Opening it, her eyes widened at who was on the other side.

"Obi-Wan, you obviously don't understand when someone is trying to avoid you." (Y/n) said to the bearded man on the other side. He looked like he hadn't slept in days.

"Please, (Y/n), talk to me."

"No, Obi-Wan. Please go away!" she said, trying to keep her tears at bay.

"Can I please, please come in? Just... let me say something. Please let me speak." Obi-Wan begged. (Y/n) stood for a second, debating, but opened the door further to let him inside. Obi-Wan nodded gratefully, giving her a fleeting smile, and walked inside, the door closing behind him. R3 beeped very angrily and brandished his shocker arm, which Obi-Wan barely avoided.

"R3, take it easy. Go take a rest." (Y/n) told him. He whistled at Obi-Wan one last time before angrily rolling out of the room.

"You wanted to talk. So go ahead. Talk." the elf snapped.

Obi-Wan breathed out and started speaking. "(Y/n), I don't know what has happened to us. We used to be so close, but something, I don't know what, has made us drift apart. I want to go back to how it was before! Or at least fix whatever happened. Was it me? Was it you? If you don't want to see me anymore, then fine, but I want to know what happened. Please, I just need an answer."

(Y/n) shook her head, unable to answer. When she found her voice again, she said, "Obi-Wan, I promise you that it isn't something you did. It's me."

"Well then, what is it?"

"Obi-Wan, I can't speak about this with you!" (Y/n) said, and she was overcome with a strange sense of deja vu, but she didn't know why.

"Why not? (Y/n), ever since Mandalore, you've been acting distant from me! What is going on? I miss you." Obi-Wan begged, his eyes shining.

"I cannot tell you. It's forbidden. It goes against every vow I've made as a Jedi." the elf said, her voice cracking at the end of her sentence.

"(Y/n), why is it forbidden?!"

"Because, I love you!!"

The words slipped out of her mouth before she could stop them. Tears fell from her eyes as Obi-Wan's mouth fell open in shock. (Y/n) closed her eyes and put her hands over her mouth, unable to comprehend the words she just said. She collapsed on her bed, dropping her hands to her side.

"You... you love me?" Obi-Wan asked, dumbstruck. He hadn't moved from his spot, but had turned to look at the elf he loved so dearly. So see her so conflicted hurt him terribly.

"I'm so sorry... I'm so sorry, Obi-Wan."  she cried.

She looked down at her hands in her lap, attempting to wipe away the tears that fell, until she saw a pair of hands grab her own, making her look up. (Y/n) looked into the soft blue eyes of Obi-Wan Kenobi, seeing a tear fall from his own eyes. He was kneeling down in front of her, but pulled her up lightly with him, standing them both up. She reached up to wipe away his tear, her hand lingering on his cheek. His own had settled at her hips.

"Don't be sorry, (Y/n). Don't ever be sorry." he whispered to her.

His eyes searched her face, until they finally landed on her lips. Obi-Wan looked back up into her eyes, the blue shining in the moonlight. He opened his mouth to speak, but his voice caught in his throat for a second.

"(Y/n), may I... may I kiss you?" he asked softly.

The elf, however slightly confused, nodded her head. Obi-Wan rested his forehead against hers, both of their eyes fluttering shut, before closing the distance between their lips.

(Y/n)'s heart exploded with joy. It was like someone had set off a thousand fireworks inside of her. Time seemed to slow around them, and the world melted away. He kissed her softly and slowly. He was surprisingly good at this. Obi-Wan was very delicate with her, holding her as if she were glass he was afraid to break. His beard scratched against her cheeks, but she didn't care. (Y/n) brought her arms up and entwined them around his neck, slightly but surely deepening the kiss.

Obi-Wan swore he saw stars as they stood there, lips locked in the innocent kiss. As she brought up her arms around his neck, he tightened his hold of her waist, lifting her up slightly. The intoxicating smell of her lily scent filled his nose. She was absolutely hypnotic and he felt his body heat up at their proximity. It was everything he had ever imagined and more.

They both reluctantly pulled away, eyes still closed as they breathed heavily, foreheads touching once more. When they opened their eyes, Obi-Wan saw one last tear escape from the confides of her eye, and wiped it away gently with his thumb, laying his hand on her soft elven skin.

"I love you too, (Y/n)..." Obi-Wan whispered in her ear. She had never smiled so brightly as they hugged.

"But wait, Obi-Wan," (Y/n) said, pulling away slightly, but not out of his arms, "what do we do now?"

Obi-Wan sighed lightly, knowing that the Jedi Council would never allow them to be together. If they found out they had such a strong attachment, they would be separated on missions, only able to see each other when they were in meetings.

"As long as this doesn't interfere with anything out on battle or in dangerous situations, I believe we can be adults about this, and... make it work." Obi-Wan said simply.

(Y/n) nodded her head slightly, and looked up at the man. "So, this... whatever this is, we can..."

"Yes, we can. But, only in secret, sadly." Obi-Wan finished, smiling softly.

(Y/n) didn't care if it had to be in secret. Obi-Wan Kenobi loved her, and she loved him. She never thought something like this would happen, but it did. It is. She leaned up to kiss him again, pulling him down by the collar of his robe to meet his lips. He chuckled against her mouth, kissing her back fully.

(Y/n)'s elven heart was complete.