You see Ruby with a black backpack and the rest of her team are there too. "Hey guys" you said and they greeted you back and Ruby asked, "Was that you that made that loud boom sound before?" You chuckle and nod, "I jumped out from the top of Ozpin's tower because the elevator takes way too long to go back down". The rest of your team looked at you in disbelief and was about to say something but Glynda was in front and she spoke into the mic, "Quiet! Quiet please. Professor Ozpin would like to share a few words before we begin.". And the whole place quieted down and Glynda stepped aside but she gave an angry glare at you the whole speech and you just smiled back. And after the whole speech was done Ruby spoke up, "This is perfect! All we have to do is shadow a Huntsman working in the southeast". "Yeah! We'll follow them around by day and give them the slip by night" Yang said. "Let's check 'search and destroy'!" Weiss said and you all go to the mission board, "There, Quadrant 5 needs grimm cleared out and I'm pretty sure thats in the southeast" you said. "It is in fact in the south east" Blake said. "Alright Ruby you know what to do" you say and Ruby nods and enters your teams name in but it says that first years aren't allowed to take the mission, "Well.. fuck" you and Ruby said together which made you both laugh.

"Do we have any other ideas?" Blake asked, "We could mail ourselves there!" Ruby said but you just chuckle a bit and ruffle her hair, "I don't think that's going to work Ruby" and Ruby puts on a cute pouting face. Before you anything else can happen you get smacked in the head and you turn around to see an angered Glynda. You chuckle nervously and she just drags you away by your ear and once far enough scolds you for jumping out of Ozpin's tower. And after everything she had calmed down and you both hugged since you don't get to often and then return to team RWBY and they had smiles on their faces. "What, why are you guys smiling?" you ask, "Oh nothing, don't worry about it" Ruby said holding in her laugh, "Lets go we were able to get the mission" Yang said, "Ok.." you said as you went to the to the the landing zone for the bullhead you were going to take. On the way there you met up with team CFVY as they were returning form their mission, "Heya Velvet" you say which caught her attention she looked at you and smiled and she brought one of her team members with her, "Hello again Y/n, Coco he is the one I was talking about" she said and Coco looked at you and smiled, "It's nice to finally meet the person that stood up for Velvet here." "Oh that, I just did what was right" you say and Velvet gave you a quick hug, "And I thank you for that, anyways gotta go bye" she said the last quickly and dragged Coco with her.

"Well that happened.." Yang said, "i guess it did" you said and on the way there Ruby hugged your hand not letting go which made you laugh a little, "Is my little Rose jealous" you said teasing her which made her blush, "N-no of c-course not c-can't I hold your hand" she said stuttering a bit which made the rest of your team laugh at this and after some more walking you arrive at the bullhead then you all saw the hunstman you were shadowing was.. Oobleck. "Why, hello girls and boy! Who's ready to fight for their lives?" Oobleck said in his usually fast pace. "Professor Oobleck?" Weiss said still in disbelief. "Yes, I'm afraid those bags won't be necessary,  seeing as you've opted to shadow on what is now essentially a reconnaissance mission. I can assure you, we will not be establishing a single base of operations; rather, we will be traversing several miles of hazardous wasteland and making camp in any defendable locations we may stumble upon. I packed all of our essentials myself, plotted our air course, and readied the . And..." He zooms up right into Weiss' face, "It's Doctor Oobleck. I didn't earn the PhD for fun, thank you very much!" he said before quickly backing away.

"Uh..." Weiss looks over at the rest of you who are equally disturbed except for you. "Come now, children; according to my schedule, we are already three minutes behind schedule" He says before zooming off into the bullhead.

(Time skip to the point where Ruby was found that she secretly brought Zwei along)

"So, what are your orders, Doctor?" Blake asked. "Ah, yes, straight to the chase; I like it! As you've been informed, the southeast area has been marked as a recent hot spot for Grimm activity. Now, there are several possible explanations for this behavior, one of which being... Grimm" Oobleck said way too quickly, "Uh.. what?" Ruby asked confused along with you and the rest of the team. "Grimm. A creature of Grimm approximately one hundred yards from us at this very moment." He said casually. "What!?" Yang shouted as all of you ready your weapons but Oobleck told you all to stand down and you all did while waiting for his reasoning. "There are a number of reasons why Grimm will congregate in this particular area, the most likely of which will be their attraction to negativity: sadness, envy, loneliness, hatred. All qualities that are likely held by our hidden group harboring ill intent." He explained.

"So what are we supposed to do now?" You ask. "We wait. We track. If this specimen leads us to its pack, that pack may subsequently lead us to our prey. It's uncertain how long it will take. Hours, days, weeks. Why, lone Grimm have been known to stay isolated from the pack for months - and there's the whole pack" He said pointing at them, "And now they've seen us" he said he said as they slowly walk closer to them. "Wha?" Weiss asked still oblivious, "AND NOW THEY'VE SEEN US" Oobleck shouts in her ear and the beowolves came running. "Get ready guys" you say getting your blades ready and the rest of your team get their weapons ready.

Without any more hesitation you all rush forward easily tearing through the grimm while Ruby absorbed some. "Well that was easy" Ruby said. "Do not celebrate yet, for I am certain this is the first bout of many. Shall we continue?" Oobleck said walking ahead of us.

(Small time skip)

Yang can be seen finishing off some grimm and Oobleck comes up to her and asks, "Tell me, Yang, why did you choose this line of work?. Yang stopped, "Huh? Well, to fight monsters and save-" she was about to continue but Oobleck interrupted her, "No, that is what you do. I want to know why you do it. The honest reason as to why you want to be a Huntress.", "The honest reason? I'm a thrill-seeker. I want to travel around the world and get wrapped up in as many crazy adventures as I can. And if I help people along the way, then that's even better. It's a win-win, y'know" Yang answered Oobleck nodded and went off to other members of your team and asking them all the same question except you and Ruby which confuses you but you just let it be.

The scene cuts to you and Ruby teasing Zwei by lifting a chunk of turkey just out of Zwei's reach. You both stop when you see Oobleck and Zwei got his Turkey. "Sorry! Uh... Are we ready to keep going?" Ruby asked. "Nope! I believe that will have to do for today. It's going to be dark soon."He throws his bag over to Yang who catches it. "You three, set up camp in that building. Oh, and please do make sure there are no more of those... creatures. Your leader, Y/N and I are going to secure the perimeter. Come onyou two."he said as he starts walking and you and Ruby follow him and eventually you come a across a steep slope with the remains of a building on the edge and multiple Goliath grim can be seen in the distance.

"he said as he starts walking and you and Ruby follow him and eventually you come a across a steep slope with the remains of a building on the edge and multiple Goliath grim can be seen in the distance

Ruby stares at them in amazement, "Wooaahhh... what are they?", "They're called goliaths right? I'm pretty sure I read about that in a book." you say and Oobleck congratulated you, "You are correct Y/N those are indeed golitahs". Ruby got her claws and asked Oobleck, "Can we kill it?" Oobleck shook his head, "I fear you may not be able to handle a grimm of that size". "Ruby may not be able to but I know I definitely can" you say smirking, "not that I don't doubt your abilities Y/N but I advise you to not engage in combat with it, they have undoubtedly lived for hundreds of years and learned that when attacking people they are likely to die and when they manage to kill one even more appears" Oobleck explained you nodded and after some talking you all went back to the temporary base near the top floor of one of the many abandoned buildings.

"Ah, wonderful; a textbook campfire!" Oobleck says while barging in the room and Ruby rushed to the fire to keep herself warm, "Very good! Eat your dinners and hurry to bed. We have a lot of ground to cover tomorrow and we'll need you to take turns keeping watch over our temporary abode. Any volunteers for first watch" He asked and you said that you would do it and you went to the lookout point and your night watch begins.