The Avengers Pt.1

Night on the streets of London:

I was on my way to meet with a client when my phone started ringing. I pulled it out of my bag and saw that it was Fury. Confused I answered the phone.

"Fury? What do you need? I'm on my way to meet with a client now"

"Plans have changed I need you to come in, now"

I paused for a second, by Fury's tone this sounded serious really serious.

"I'll be on the next flight out"

"No need I've already sent a jet for you, its waiting at the airport"

Before I could answer line went dead. I sighed slightly frustrated that I couldn't meet with the client and that I had no idea what was happening. Before heading back to my hotel I called my client to let them know that I wouldn't be able to make it to the meeting. The phone rang three times before I heard the voice on the other end.

"Miss Stark I was beginning to worry"

"I'm sorry about this but I have to cancel"

"What for, we've been planning this meeting for months"

"I'm really sorry, I've just been called in for work, I promise as soon as this is done we will meet"

"I look forward to it"

And again the line went dead and I was left alone. I put my phone back in my bag and started making my way back to my hotel to pack my bags and make my way to the airport. It didn't take me too long to pack up my stuff and before I knew it I was in a taxi heading to the airport. After arriving at the airport I was ushered to a private area by multiple S.H.I.E.L.D agents where I was loaded onto a jet and we took off. It was morning when we finally landed on the S.H.I.E.L.D aircraft carrier. When I stepped off the plane it wasn't hard to tell that something big was happening with all the commotion happening aboard.

"Miss Stark" I heard someone shout, I turned around to see Agent Hill heading my way

"Hill its good to see you" I said as I made my way over to her

"Thanks for coming, I know it was short notice"

"Well I couldn't really say no.....can I ask what all of this is about anyways" I asked as I gestured to the chaos happening behind me.

"Fury will explain everything, follow me" she smiled as she lead me into the massive ship.

When I entered the ship the number of SHIELD agents running around was even more numinous than that of those outside. It was clear that something big was happening but this was bigger than I could have ever imagined. When we entered the main room of the ship I see Fury standing I the middle of half circle of monitors.

"Fury!" I called as soon as I saw him

"Meg good to have you back, how have you been?"

"I've been fine. Fury what the hell is going on?" I asked gesturing at the chaos unfolding in front of me.

"There was a breach at one of our bases" he started to explain

"The tesseract managed to turn itself on and created a door to another world, a man named Loki came through the doorway and stole the tesseract" he paused a bit and looked a Hill before continuing

"He escaped, but not before turning a few S.H.I.E.L.D agents to his side including Agent Barton"

I froze for a second, after I was recruited by S.H.I.E.L.D Clint and Nat were the ones who helped trained me in both how to control my powers and how to be a spy. I looked a Fury and took a deep breath before asking.

"What do you need me to do?"

"Right now I need you to stay put, I've called in a few others they'll be here soon then we can get started" he said before walking away

"Wait others?" I asked turning to Hill who just shrugged her shoulders

"Fury wait!" I shouted after him as I made my way over to where he was standing "what others"

"The rest of The Avengers"

"The Avengers?, I thought The Avengers idea was dead"

"Not today" he said to me before he walked off to talk with a few other agents

Hill showed me the room that I would be staying in for the the time that I was on the ship. I unpacked my bags and pulled my suit out of its case hanging it up so that it would be ready when I needed it. I headed back to the main ship area to see if I could help out in any way. I was in the middle of helping one of the interns when I heard someone say my name.

"Megan? is that you" I turned around

"Nat?" I asked making my way over to her

"Hey, how have you been" she asked hugging me

"I've been good, how about you?" I asked letting go

"I've been alright, what are you doing here? Last I heard you were in Europe"

"Yeah I was but Fury called me in"

"Has he told you what's happening"

"Yeah he did, we're going to get Clint back Nat, I promise" I told her as I grabbed her hand

"Yeah, I'm counting on it" she said as she smiled at me

Nat and I talked for a bit catching each other up on what had happened since we had last seen each other. Turns out that we hadn't really been that far from each other that often. It hadn't been very long when Fury came in.

"Romanoff I need you to head out and get Coulson for me"

Nat got up and headed out when Fury turned to me.

"I think its time you're properly introduced to everyone" he said before walking off again leaving me with absolutely no idea what was happening.