Chapter LVI

Korra stopped. Leaning her back against the a wall as she slowly peeked down the corridor. The assassin huffed.
"There's a guard outside your door."

Asami rolled her eyes.
"Of course there is." She mumbled under her breath.
"Is it Mako?"

Korra took another look.
"No. It's not his brother either." Asami just wanted to get back to her room, she wanted nothing more than to just lay in her bed and sleep. No more guards, no more distractions. Just her and Korra. Even so, sneaking around the Manor was somewhat fun.

"We've got this far into the manor without being noticed, I'm sure we can handle one more guard." Korra chuckled quietly, taking another look at the guard posted outside of Asami's room. He looked sleepy, unalert.

"Wait." The Sato said.
"Stay the night in my room."

"Are you sure?" Korra asked.

"I'm always sure." She whispered back.

"Then I will."
Korra planted a quick kiss onto the woman's lips and peered down the corridor again.
"Stay here, when he turns around make a run for your room." Korra said with a smile.
"I'll join you soon enough, I promise."

Asami nodded and waited, watching as her assassin went down another corridor. Soon, a loud whistle could be heard and it was clear that the guard heard it too. He rose a brow and begun to travel towards the whistle, leaving his post for a few minutes. Just like Korra had told her to do, Asami bolted towards her bedroom, stepping inside quickly before the guard came back. A small giggle left her mouth which then turned into a laugh. She made it.

She stopped smiling as realisation dawned over her. How would Korra get in here? Minutes past and her assassin still wasn't here, but no matter how tempting it was to open her door and demand for Korra, she still waited. Korra would be here, she knew of it. She promised.

Asami jumped as she heard tapping coming from her window, she spun around and her smile return to her lips.
"Of course you'd use the window." She laughed and opened it so her assassin could step inside.

"Were you expecting me to come through the ceiling or something?" Korra asked, closing the window behind her.

Asami shrugged.
"Maybe.." She said, taking a seat onto her bed.
"You're one for surprises."

Korra chuckled and grazed her finger across the Sato's writing desk, stopping as it hit the spine of a leather book. The assassin took a closer look at it, she had seen this before. Asami's Diary?
"I've been wanting to read your 'autobiography' for some time now. What's in it?"

Asami sprung from her bed and slapped Korra's hand away from the book before she could open up the front cover.
"That's not for your eyes." She said, feeling the heat rise to her cheeks.

Korra rose a brow and smirked. The blush on the Sato's face said it all, she was hiding something.
"Are you alright Asami?" she asked teasingly.
"You look rather red."

Asami wouldn't know how her assassin would react if she read that book. It exposed her deepest feelings, some that she didn't even tell her own mother. And they were mostly about her assassin of course. She was the writer and Korra was always the words.
"Don't tease me Korra."

"My apologies Miss Sato." Korra whispered, slipping her hand into Asami's. She slowly brushed it up her forearm until resting it onto Asami's cheek.

"If I stay, what happens in the morning?" She asked, pulling the Sato closer.

"What do you mean?" Asami leant into the touch, feeling the soft skin against her cheek.

Korra tucked a piece of Asami's hair behind her ear.
"What if one of your guards walk in and they see me in here?"