Chapter VI

The thoughts were accelerating inside her head. She wanted them to slow so she could breathe but they wouldn't. Her breaths came in gasps as her thoughts tumbled around in her head like a hurricane. Her heart hammered inside her chest , beating like it wanted to escape and run away from this madness. Her room starts to spin and she firmly grasps onto her writing desks to keep herself stable . She pulled out her chair and sat down; slinding her hands through her black hair, trying to make everything slow to a pace where her brain and body could cope with. Why were they here early ? She knew they would return but it was only the day after the incident with her father . Did the Red Lotus despise her family that much? Did they despise them to the point where they couldn't wait another day to despose them ? She felt so sick . Her worries tied into a huge knot that was stuck at the bottom of her stomach, and she felt it slowly creep up her throat. Asami quickly clasped a hand to her mouth as she hurled slightly, dashing to open up a window. As soon as the cold air hit her skin, she felt the sickly feeling shrink back down into her stomach. Her hot head gradually cooling down again as her ears picked up small chatter from the market place. Her green eyes wandered over the rows and rows of houses of her town. She could see almost everything since her room was moved to the top floor of the manor. The top floor of the manor was home to almost all the servants of the Sato Family , but Asami didn't mind that all . Besides , Opal's room was a few corridors away . Obviously she was moved here for security reasons since it was the hardest floor to reach .

After a few moments of gazing over the town, she sat back down at her desk with pen in hand. She flicked open her brown leather book and onto a clean new page. She started to write. Asami documented all the events that had occured in the day, just like she had for the past few years. It helped her relax, helped her to calm down . This book held all of her worries, her secrets.
A gentle knock was heard at her bedroom door suddenly.
"Asami dear are you in there?"
She knew that sweet voice all to well.

"Yes, come in." She replied, closing her diary shut. Her bedroom doors opened slowly and her mother soon appeared , dressed in thin top and bottoms; probably her night wear.
"Is everything okay mother?" She asked as her mother sat down on the edge of her neatly made bed. Asami took a seat next to her, worry spread across her face again.
Asami was a splitting image of her mother, they shared the same eyes, same hair. Goodness the same everything, they were both beautiful women. Not that Yasuko Sato wasn't intelligent, but Asami definately inherited her smart mind from her father.

"I just wanted to see if you were alright." Yasuko said, cupping her daughters cheek with her soft hand.
"Everything has been so eventful lately and you are in the thick of it all."

Asami sighed, leaning her head gently into her mothers touch.
"I'm scared." She admitted.

"I know, I am too." Yasuko said, pulling her daughter into an embrace.
"But you are in the safest place in the whole of town."

"Everyone keeps saying that, but I don't feel safe." Asami clutched onto her mother's shoulders, fighting back the tears that threatened to spill.
"Can I ask you something?"

"Of course dear." Her mother replied, stroking her daughters soft hair.

"Why are the Red Lotus after Father?" Asami mumbled, pulling away so she could see her mother's expression.
"Why are they after us?"

Yasuko paused for a moment, it was obvious she was contemplating something. She looked at her worried daughter and sighed.
"Your father had business with the Red Lotus when you were little." She said, clasping her hands at her lap.
"And it went out of hand."

"What happened?" Asami asked further, she wanted to know.

"That is a conversation you should have with your father." Yasuko sighed, getting to her feet after planting a gentle kiss to her daughters forehead.
"You should get some rest, it's late."