He's Gone...

Katsuki Bakugou was hanging out with his friends, eating spicy foods, watching vines, and talking. They had only been friends for a couple months, but he felt closer to these six than he had to any one else before.

Hanta Sero, Denki Kaminari, Mina Ashido, Ejiro Kirishima, Shoto Todoroki, Kyoka Jiro and Katsuki Bakugou. Those were the members of the Bakusquad, and they were like Bakugou's second family. He could tell them anything.

Well...

Almost.

There was one thing he would never tell them, for their sake as much as his. He would rather keep this part of his life a secret from his friends than tell them, and have to relive the whole ordeal. He was also afraid that if his group knew what he had done, they would leave him. He deserved it, of course, but he just couldn't lose them. What they had was too special to Katsuki.

He had been given the position of the "dad friend", and the leader of the Bakusquad.
Kirishima, the "mom friend" kept everyone from going off the deep end, but overall approved, and joined in on most of the squad's shenanigans.

Jiro was like the oldest child, more mellow than the other four, but was regularly arguing with the "middle children", aka the crackheads, aka Denki, Mina and Sero.

Then, the "youngest", the shy, sweet, also an occasional crackhead (but only when it came to conspiracy theories), Shoto.

Their dynamic was perfect, and Bakugou wasn't going to mess that up just to tell his middle school horror stories. In fact, he never planned on telling anyone what had happened in the three years he had spent at Altera Middle School with a strange, and in Bakugou's opinion, totally insane kid, who he thanked all the powers of the universe (thought somewhat guiltily) was gone. Even so sometimes he wondered-

"-kugo? Earth to Bakugou Katsuki!" Denki's voice broke through the murky waters of Katsuki's thoughts like a floodlight.

"Oh, sorry. Got lost in thought. What did I miss?" Katsuki asked.

"Oh only the traumatic story of how Denki put a doughnut on his thumb and then just could not get it off! Can you believe this poor baby had to go through that?!?" Mina said with fake sympathy, batting her eyelashes.

"Hey! In my defence it was sticky, which makes them much harder to get off." Denki said, crossing his arms over his chest defensively.

"You make it sound like you have a lot of experience having doughnuts stuck to you." Sero smirked.

"Shaddup." Denki mumbled, turning his face away in embarrassment.
" Couldn't you have just eaten it off?" Bakugou joined in.

Denki's eyes widened, as if he had really never thought of that and the whole squad burst out laughing.

"Seriously guys?" Denki said over the laughter. The rest of the squad quieted down as they realized they may have actually hurt Denki's feeling.

"Aww, Denks, you know we didn't mean it like that." Mina said in a comforting voice " We all know you're really smart, but we also love all the dumb things you do. We love you, ok?"

"I know that, it's just...." Denki said sadly " sometime I feel like you guys are just messing with me and don't actually care about me."

The whole squad started to tear up, and suddenly launched themselves at Denki, hugging him within an inch of his life.

"You should have said something sooner bro! That wasn't very manly of us." Kirishima sobbed.

"Aw man, I feel awful." Sero said.
"Really guys it's fin-" Denki started to speak but was cut of by Bakugou.

"No, it's not okay for us to make you feel like that. I promise to stop messing with you as much, and make sure that you, and everyone else in this squad, feels safe. Being heroes in training is hard enough. We need to be here for each other. Everyone?"

"YEAH!!!" the rest of the squad shouted.

Katsuki smiled, even though part of his promise had been a lie. He would never be able to feel safe, no mater who he was with or what he was doing.

He had been reported dead as of the beginning of this year, but Katsuki still didn't feel safe.

After all,

They had never found Izuku Midoria's body.