☁️ 𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚍 // 𝙺. 𝚃𝚜𝚞𝚔𝚒𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚖𝚊

Tsukishima was never the most confident in his abilities and you knew that. He hid his insecurities behind that wall of a sarcastic and nonchalant personality, hoping that people wouldn't be able to break through and see who he really was.

But you were different.

You were willing to stay by him even when things were looking tough for the both of you. When he was feeling down and vulnerable, you were there to support him and vice versa.

You knew he loved volleyball, he just underestimated himself too much. He was limiting his potential in your eyes. It seemed that Bokuto felt the same way.

After a particular training camp where Bokuto described what it felt like to fall in love with volleyball, it seemed like Tsukishima couldn't wait for his moment. His time to fall in love with the game.

The Shiratorizawa vs Karasuno match was tomorrow and quite frankly you were nervous for your boyfriend. "Kei?" You called to him. He shifted his head up from your chest to look at you.

"Yeah?" He replied.

"Are you nervous for tomorrow?" You questioned running your hand through his hair.

"Yeah obviously. I can't beat Ushiwaka. But I can try my best to block some of his spikes." You smiled down at him as he snuggled back into your chest.

"I think you'll do great Kei." You said softly, closing your eyes.

"Really?" He asked his voice somewhat muffled.

"Yep."

***

Nervousness filled your body as shiratorizawa took the first set. If Tsukishima was losing his cool he wouldn't let it show. You took a deep breath 'you have to believe in the team' you said to yourself.

The second set continued on and it ended in a deuce. The scores were climbing higher and higher, putting more pressure on the players. Eventually Karasuno had scored a point and they just needed one more to win.

Your breath got caught in your throat as you saw Ushiwaka prepare to attack. As if everything was in slow motion, you saw recognition flash across Kei's face as he shifted his hand to block Ushijima's spike.

It was quiet for a second before the crowd was in an uproar, with you being the loudest. You see him freeze, lost in thought, before he starts happily celebrating with the team.

It was his moment.

And you were happy to be there for it.

The game went on with Karasuno winning. You ran down to meet the team jumping on your boyfriend.

"Wow, Kei I'm so proud of you!" He froze before wrapping his arms around you and squeezing you tightly.

"Really?" He asked a small smile gracing his face.

"You did amazing babe!" You smiled brightly.

"Amazing huh?" He chuckled before pulling you into a kiss.

"Yes Kei you did amazing. And I can't express how proud of you I am. And you blocked Ushiwaka's spikes like you said. " You saw his eyes turn a bit glassy before he turned away to hide them. "And I see Bokuto was right about your moment. I'm happy I was here for it." You smiled again before placing a small kiss on his lips.

"No one really tells me they're proud of me. It means so much to me." He said quietly burying his face in your shoulder holding you tighter to him.

"I'll say it as many times as you want me to." You said seriously.

"God I love you y/n." He said quietly smiling against your neck.

"I love you too Kei."