5. Anger And Possessiveness

Start from the beginning

Bilal gave him a lopsided smirk and put his hands up in surrender while Ahsan huffed in anger and leaned back into his seat massaging his temple. After a minute or two, he asked us to continue while still giving murderous glances to Bilal who seemed nothing but amused. Madiha went next and span the bottle. Wonderful, I thought as the bottle stopped right at me.

"Truth or dare?".

"Truth," This is precisely why I hated this game, whatever you choose, you would be stuck either way. I inwardly gulped as I waited for her question, praying it to be a sensible one. But, alas, when has that ever happened?

"Apkay aj tak kitnay crush reh chukay hein? (How many crushes have you had until now?)" She asked with a genuinely curious smile on her face. What on earth is wrong with people these days? Is asking a decent question that much of a hassle? I inwardly groaned as Suleiman pinned me with a dark look. What's my fault in this? It's your sister who asked such an unreasonable question okay, go glare at her! I then noticed how everyone, excluding my glaring bull of a husband, was expectantly looking at me for an answer.

"Two," My short answer didn't seem to satisfy Madiha but she nodded anyway and handed the bottle over to Mansha. And, as if even Allah didn't want to spare me today, the bottle again pointed at me. Bloody bottle!

"Truth," I mumbled.

"Okay then. Describe both the crushes you just mentioned. What did you like about them and how did you get to know them?" You have gotta be kidding me! I gave Mansha a warning look but she seemed to be paying no heed to it. I inwardly cursed in anger as I saw the mischievous glint in Mansha's eyes. That sneaky brat! She knew I hated answering such questions, especially in front of men, and yet she was even asking me for details! I got my temper under control reminding myself that I'm seeing them after three whole years and the least I can do is happily spend time with them.

"Well, my first crush was back when I was in grade 8. He was one of the very few friends I had and we normally hung out in the playground together playing games. He was a very polite and loving boy from what I remember, which is probably why I crushed on him. As for the second one, I think it was the same reason. He was my crush for almost one year, and I haven't had any crushes since then," I inaudibly sighed in relief as I finally let it all out, trying my hardest to ignore the glare of a certain someone that was burning holes into my body. What on earth is wrong with this baboon anyway? All I did was answer a simple question, and yet he's looking at me like I just committed an unforgivable sin. I decided to ignore him and continued with the game. The bottle then landed on Suleiman as Bilal asked him the truth and dare question.

"Truth,"

"I know that this is quite a basic question, lakin maine apse aj tak pucha nahi ke apnay major kis cheez mei kia tha, (but I've never asked you what you majored in)," I frowned. Since when did Bilal become so sensible? Normally he'd ask the most embarrassing questions. But as a memory of Suleiman's expression earlier flashed through my brain, I got my answer.

"MBA. From Iqra University," Bilal nodded and continued with the game. Soon after, we got so engrossed in the game that none of us seemed to be taking note of the time.

" Hain INSHALLAH bus jaisey hi Jalal Bhai aur Gulaab Bhabi atay hein phir hum chale gein (Yes GODWILLING as soon as Jalal Bhai and Bhabi (Sister-in-law) come, we'll go,)" I looked up to find Yaqub Chachu along with Usman Uncle, Khateeja Aunty (Suleiman's mother) and Aala walking towards the main gate. Noticing the four elders, everyone stood up and walked towards them. Seeing me approach, Khateeja Aunty's face lit up as she pulled me into a bear hug.

"Meri jaan, bohat acha laga tumse itnay arsey baad milke. Mera tou dil charaha hai ke mei bus tumhe apnay sath he lay jaon apnay ghar (My love, it was lovely meeting you after such a long time. My heart so badly wants to take you with me back home right now)," Khateeja Aunty continued to shower me with kisses all the while not even realising what she had just said. I slightly blushed at the unintentional hidden meaning behind her words. I bit my lip, and looked up to find Suleiman staring at me. Not at my face though, rather below that. I silently gasped as I realized where he was looking at; my lips. This big, fat baboon! How dare he?!?! I couldn't even meet his gaze after what I'd realized he was doing. Thankfully, before anyone could have noticed my increasing blush, Madiha came over and started hugging the life out of me.

"Ap bohat, bohat achi hein Hoori Api! Kash ap meri bhi behen hoti tou kitna maza ata (You are very, very nice Hoori Api! I wish you were my sister, it would have been so fun)," She continued on and on about how she absolutely loved me and couldn't wait for the trip to spend time with me. I absolutely loved her enthusiasm and love, but the constant stare of a particular someone continuously had me on edge. After 10 minutes of love- filled conversations and hugs, they finally decided to leave as it was getting late. I gave each of the women one last parting hug whilst Usman Uncle put his hand over my head and kissed my forehead again. It was such a lovely gesture. I turned to Ahsan giving him a polite goodbye and a friendly smile, and then finally looked towards Suleiman.

"Allahhafiz (Goodbye) Suleiman Bhai," I gave him a polite smile, but it soon faltered seeing the look in his eyes. I inwardly gulped and quickly looked away not wanting to be subjected to his demon-like glares again.

After about 10 more minutes of idle talk about the upcoming trip, they finally left. As soon as everything was cleared out and put back into place, I went to my room to get some peaceful sleep. But all that supposed sleep vanished the moment I turned on my phone.

_______________________________________

Hope you liked it : ))

So...how are we liking Suleiman's family so far?

Till next week

K